“Great spot for happy hour and appetizers.” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Blue Agave
Ranked #12 of 52 Restaurants in Tahoe City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Campton, New Hampshire
“Great spot for happy hour and appetizers.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed at America's Best Value Inn next door. We could have a few cocktails and walk right back to our room. This place is a mix of tourists and locals and there is a great tequila selection. We enjoyed happy hour appetizer deals.

• Visited November 2011

Palm Harbor, FL
“Service was non-existant, food was mediocre at best.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

If you are sitting outside with you dog (they claim to be pet friendly), forget any service. I went inside twice to find the bartender to put in my own order. Had to find the menus myself, and take them out to my husband to get an order together. Got my own chips and salsa from the little buffet table, Paid for my food at the bar. He did deliver it to the table after we waited for ever. My fajitas were terrible. Cold, the meat was hard as a rock, and tasteless. My husband said the burrito was just ok. I wouldn't reutrn, nor woudl I recommend it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Elk Grove, California
“Great Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Although understaffed on a Saturday afternoon with gorgeous weather, we found the food authentic and probably one of the best Mexican places in Tahoe City. Nice outside seating if you desire and easy access to the Commons Beach.

Steve T, Owner at The Blue Agave, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hi beautea:

Glad you enjoyed the food, patio, and food at BA. I worked that day and we were running. College departures leave us with a smaller serving crew, so we have to work extra hard when it gets busy. So happy you enjoyed the great weather. The crew was really happy when they read your positive message.
Thanks again for your kind words. We appreciate your business.

Steve Topol, owner
Elk Grove, California
“Amazing Mexican Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

There's literally dozens of places to eat in Tahoe City - really! It's so confusing with all the traffic and hustle and hustle, kids, bikes, yikes! We checked out the menu and daily special and decided to take a sidewalk-side seat and take our chances. Even in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday the Blue Agave was busy. For starters, the service was wonderful, and we didn't have to wait for our drinks and chips. The margarita was ... amazing! Not only was it huge, but delicioso! The taco salad was enormous and full of wonderful salsa, avocados, meat and cheese - there's no way anyone could eat it all. The fish tacos were delicious (but they could have served more than 1 on the plate). All in all, it was one of the best Mexican restaraunts we've ever eaten at - we can hardly wait to get back to Tahoe City!

• Visited August 2012
La Mirada, California
“Best Margaritas in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great menu, reasonable prices. If a restaurant has Chile Relleno on the menu I use that to gauge the food. The Agave has the best Chile Relleno I have tasted, aside from my Tia Rosa's. The house Margaritas cannot be praised enough and you can't beat the happy hour price. I won't mention the owner's favorite baseball team, go Dodgers! The food was so good we had a least one meal or appetizer at the Blue Agave each day of our stay in Tahoe City. In addition to the Chile Relleno, I also tried the Enchiladas, Quesadillas, and Tostada; all very good. There is both outdoor and indoor dining. If there is a minus, it might be the traffic as the restaurant is on the main road.

Visited August 2012
Steve T, Owner at The Blue Agave, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Hi LTT:
Thanks for saying such nice things about Blue Agave. Your kind and thoughtful words are so appreciated. We loved having you visit multiple times, especially in your Dodger blue. Please come back next year for a Relleno and a Sky Lake blue margarita.

Have a great year.