“Good fuel for skiing”

Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Tahoe City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Since 1978, Fire Sign Cafe has been a family owned and operated Breakfast and Lunch restaurant. We pride ourselves on our extensive menu, full of homemade food. Our restaurant has been a local favorite since it opened. It has been featured in several publications such as Sunset Magazine, as well as shown on Rachael Ray's, "Tasty Travels". Our great service and even better food are what keep people coming back!
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Always friendly - they've cooked up things for my kids that weren't on the menu. Not gourmet food but good home breakfast cooking.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I went out of my way to have breakfast here as its the top- rated restaurant in the area. Walk in, til to seat myself, sat down. And sat. And sat. And sat. The place wasn't crowded, there were perhaps 5-6 tables utilized and 2 waitresses. Finally I got up and got my own menu. More sitting. Bus-person arrives with water. I accept and ask for tea. After another few minutes waitress takes my order. Breakfast burrito. Honestly for all the raving I saw on here I expected a creative menu. Nope.

Burrito shows up in a reasonable time. It tastes....fine . Nothing special. It's large but so what? Eggs, some sausage, peppers. It's an okay joint but WAY over ranked.

2  Thank Jad16
Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you are looking for good food at a reasonable price, this is the place. I would suggest that you arrive really since it fills up quickly and most time there is a wait, but the wait is worth it. We spend a lot of time at the lake and this is were we consistently good.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

When we spend our annual two weeks in Lake Tahoe for skiing, we always make it a couple of times to this great cafe. Most of the time it's for breakfast so we can enjoy their home made coffee cakes. If you arrive late, it's sold out. It's one of the great breakfast places in the area so you want to make it a don't miss experience. The staff if efficient and friendly and the service has always been very good, even when they are busy which seems to us, almost all the time. Parking can be a little difficult, especially in the winter but don't let that stop you from embarking on a good eating experience. The serving are plentiful so we almost always wind up taking food home to snack on at a later date. I understand they have outdoor seating in the summer but since we have always been here in the winter, I can't vouch for it.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Buzzy atmosphere, very friendly and efficient staff. An omelette made in heaven, full of tasty surprises. Great coffee and fresh orange juice. And as a free bonus, coffee for the road. Perfect!