“Don't Waste Your Time”

Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Tahoe City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Visited today from Salt Lake City. Ordered iced Tea, which tasted bitter with a greasy finish. We were excited to try the fondue. It was not melted cheese with wine, but instead a grainy cheese soup. We finished the bread but not the fondue. Still expecting our lunch to turn out better, we ordered tamales and pot roast sliders. Both were bland, lukewarm, & dried out. The fries were limp. Sadly, it was horrible from start to finish. We were so upset by this, but have found complaining about bad food doesn't get us anywhere. I really don't know how they're in business. The atmosphere was ok, and you can see Lake Tahoe from the porch.
Our waitress stopped by to collect our half-eaten plates with an angry look- she literally just stared at us with disdain. I left a $10 tip on the $40 meal because something good needed to happen.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

There were a lot of good choices on their menu and our server was very friendly. The decor is casual and easy to settle in to. One thing that was cool - the swinging front entry doors are counterbalanced by a pair of hiking boots!

Good value and good food make a great combination. Check this place out when you're in Tahoe City.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed lunch and dinner at Rosie's. The Cobb salad was good. Skip the zucchini bread though. Went back for prime rib that night which was really good.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I popped in here as it was recommended by the fella at check-in in the hotel I was staying at. The cafe itself has a good feel about it, a bar area separated from a cafe area, and lots of things hanging about the ceilings look at.

The food was really tasty, the stuffed pork chop was really good. Maybe a slight overuse of zucchini with most plated, but hey.

The beer prices were a little high ($4.75), but I have seen worse.

I would consider using this cafe again if visiting Lake Tahoe.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I spent the Mother's Day weekend in Tahoe. We stop at Rosie's and had a excellent breakfast. I had the Belgen waffle which tasted out of this world. My wife had a very tasty omelette which she was able to tell them what she wanted in it. Great place to eat and the big menu with almost anything you can think about for breakfast.