“Ghetto in the meadow!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tahoe City
Lake Forest Glen Condos
“Ghetto in the meadow!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2007

I can not say enough BAD things about the awful, stinky, gross, discusting place.
How is that for an opening line?
We rented a "condo" here in 2004. I would like to think it has been updated since then. We rented through a web-site that sent us over to the local Coldwell Banker office on line. You would think---that Coldwell Banker would care if they were renting codo's out to families (w/ children) that had nails sticking out from the ground that they may have caught a clew. We called to tell them that this place was dirty, they could have cared less. It was gross from top to bottom. The parties going on all night were awful! Nobody could sleep. Loud music all night long every night! We gave up...We gave up our money and our vacation. We had pre-paid for a week and gave up after three nights. It was that awful. Nothing worked and it it had no cooling system. It was hot as h___!
DO NOT GO THERE_EVER_NEVER! When I say that there were nails sticking up from the floor into the air I mean it. The staff at Coldwell Banker were as mean and awful as it gets. They did not care at all! As one person said in a review it has a nick name as Ghetto in the Meadow. It is true!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — no safety-rusty nails coming up out of the ground
  • Stayed July 2004, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank carrieag1

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2005

What a great place to stay for such an affordable price! We stayed 5 nights in a completely remodeled condo across from one of the pools and tennis courts, wow! This place had everything! We had rented a Lake Tahoe place the year before, paid much more last year and it was OLD and shabby and not chic at all. We were told that the Glen is the "ghetto in the meadow" and so we were a bit leary at first but when I found this place on the internet with fantastic photos and price, I thought "give it a shot" and are we glad we did. There was actually too much to do; biking, swimming, sauna, hot tub, basketball and tennis, the boat dock is free 2 blocks away and we were told that skiing is in either direction within 10 minutes of the condo. Turning my attention toward the winter made me realize that this place would be ideal because it is at lake level and driving in the snow and ice up a steep grade is not my idea of a safe vacation. But back to this summer; we enjoyed FREE a concert at the lake right in Tahoe City, which is only a mile bike ride from the condo's door. Then mid week, once again this cute little town with all the charm of original eateries (no Starbucks allowed, sorry) had Outdoor Cinema lakeside. So we gathered up our kids, beach chairs and blankets and even popped our oun corn to enjoy a FREE evening under the stars. Quite a few of the restaurants offer a happy hour and if you don't mind eating in the bar, dinner is half price, except on Saturdays. Lake Forsest Glen does have a website and if you are a dotcommer you will be able to find it pretty easily like I did. My husband loved this particular condo we stayed in because it had a posturpedic kingsided mattress in the master bedroom. Who puts $3000 mattrresses in rentals??? The kids liked the bunk room (where even those beds were decked out in pillowtop beds) that slept 4. I already made my reservation for next summer (seven nights this time!) and they gave me the 2005 rates and said if I keep coming back, I can keep paying the same rate. Works for us. Out of 285 places 161 was the best. I have heard that some of them are not as nicely done and that is probably why some of the ratings have been low on lake forest glen.

• Stayed July 2005
10 Thank at_is_my_middle_name
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2004

Located 2 miles North of Tahoe city, the complex is on the lake side of the main highway and adjacent to huge open meadow.The meadow is great for snow play in winter, and wild life viewing, mountain biking for kids in summer.There are two parks with public beaches within a quarter mile from the complex border. Sklandia and the coast gaurd public boat launch area which also boasts kids play equipment and a large municipal soccer field.We ride our bikes down to go crawdad fishing and enjoy the sunset by the lakeside almost every night in spring and summer. Its gorgeous on the lake front in winter too, and the water front is quite quiet despite the huge open spaces.The TART busses have a stop within 100 yards or so of the complex border. After the snow melts the main bike route is similarly close, allowing a fairly level ride into tahoe city for shopping, dining and other site seeing. Even our six year old was able to make the ride back and forth by the end of summer.I think Lake Forest glen is a great place to stay.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#1 of 7 in Tahoe City
Cedar Glen Lodge
Cedar Glen Lodge
#1 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Lake Forest Glen Condos? Share your experiences!