“Nice tour of the lake”
Review of Tahoe Gal Cruises

Tahoe Gal Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join the fun and romance of a Lake Tahoe Cruise aboard the Tahoe Gal. Departing from Tahoe City, we offer daily sightseeing cruises and specialty cruises on the beautiful waters of Lake Tahoe. The Tahoe Gal is an iconic 120 passenger paddle wheeler located in Lake Tahoe, California. The Tahoe Gal departs daily from Tahoe City, cruising to Emerald Bay and along the North and West Shores of Lake Tahoe. With our galley and full bar, we offer the perfect venue for exclusive charters and special celebrations. The Tahoe Gal offers a memorable Lake Tahoe Cruise experience. See Lake Tahoe in a whole new way during your Lake Tahoe boat tour on the Tahoe Gal!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice tour of the lake”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Comfortable and scenic cruise from Tahoe City to Emerald Bay. We took the lunch cruise and were happy to find that the food was not only good, but reasonably priced.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank clovis-man

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Average cruise”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We took the 3 1/2 hour lunch cruise to Emerald Bay on the last Sunday in June 2012. The views from the upper deck were, as expected, something you can't really experience from the shore. The day of our cruise was very windy and kind of chilly out on the lake, which I'm sure diminished the experience for us. As for the food the grilled chicken skewers were ok (albeit small) but the nachos were not good (tiny spots of canned cheese sauce for $12.95--blech). The drinks were okay--we had a margarita and a mudslide--but nothing special. The staff was courteous. I think we would have enjoyed something a little shorter-by the end we were cold and wound up inside and a little bored.

1 Thank Sissy7442
Houston, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The cruise that wasn't...”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

To be fair and clear, this review is incomplete which happens to be the very problem. Unfortunately, my wife and I never had the opportunity to take our romantic sunset cruise because the charter company canceled back to back evening cruises during our honeymoon in North Lake Tahoe. I made my reservation more than two weeks in advance. I was never informed by telephone or by information on the website that the cruise is subject to cancellation pending an attendance quota.

Keeping in mind this was for our honeymoon, I was highly disappointed to find out the day of the cruise that it had been cancelled when I called to confirm. And yes, I found out when I called! (A staff person claims I gave them the wrong phone number which is highly suspect since reciting something as common as a telephone number I have had for ten years seems unlikely. Nonetheless...) We rescheduled for the next day and again the cruise was cancelled and then our time in Tahoe was over.

Of course, the cruise line cannot take only two people on a boat tour of the lake. However, had the possibility of a cancellation been advertised I would have had ample time to plan an alternative experience. I think this reflects poorly on the staff and company as a whole and I have no future interest in seeking their services.

Pittsburgh
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Very Nice Tour of the Lake!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We took the Emerald Bay 3 1/2 hour lunch cruise. It was a beautiful day; warm and sunny. The boat left on time, if not a minute or two early and had about 20 passengers. Every aspect of the booking and service on the boat was great. Although the menu wasn't extensive, it was suprisingly good. (Not included with price of cruise) My wife and I both had a cocktail and the nachos with chicken. Not the best we've had, but for a boat such as this, it wasn't bad. If I had to say anything negative, it would be that is was probable a half hour or 45 minutes too long. Otherwise, A great tour which I would recommend to anyone!

2 Thank pghcop6
Incline Village, Nevada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice Wedding Ceremony”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This review will say November 2011, but we did our wedding ceremony on the Gal in June, 2007. It's a wonderful venue primarily because of the Lake, but the Gal is managed in a workmanlike way and we were satisfied that we got what we paid for. No warm fuzzies here, but they did the job right.

Our biggest disappointment was that we were not permitted to cater our own appetizers, and those that were provided were kind of "bare minimum to meet the requirement" (a cheese plate with no bread or crackers, for example. Just cheese. "Hey, it's a *cheese* plate".

That said, we were happy overall.

Visited November 2011