“A very welcome addition to Tahoe City”

Dockside 700 Lakefront Grill
Ranked #11 of 52 Restaurants in Tahoe City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dockside 700 Lakefront Grill is located at the Tahoe City Marina. We sit almost lake level providing beautiful views of the marina, lake and mountains. Open for lunch and dinner. Check our web site for the most current information and hours. Thank you!
Sierra Foothills, CA
“A very welcome addition to Tahoe City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

EXCELLENT in all facets. Friendly hostess and server, and very knowledgable. Absolutely SUPERB for a gluten-free diner like me, as they really get it here. Had a very good gluten-free beer upon suggestion, a rarity in a restaurant in Tahoe! Beautifully prepared and delicious food. So, so fresh tasting, especially the salads, seemingly picked straight off the farm. Prices very good. Great outdoor seating options, LAKEFRONT marina views, gorgeous in the evening, right on the lakefront trail for an after dinner stroll. Please go here. We will. Often.

• Visited August 2013

Los Altos, California
“Great food, prompt service, nice views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a great lunch here today. The Asian Salmon Wrap was awesome. I'm not a huge wasabi fan but they had just the right amount to make it very flavorful. My wife had the French Dip and she loved it. Just the right amount of horseradish. My son had the grilled halibut sandwich and he really enjoyed it. One of their sides is Tahoe Chips. These are homemade and great. They're large, crispy and beautifully seasoned with salt, garlic and some other special spices. We topped it off with a mousse chocolate cake which was nice.

Service was very good and there was no wait time this Friday afternoon. The restaurant is in front of a marina with excellent views. It's a bit tricky to find from the road. Just trust and follow the signs.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful view, good food, decent prices (for Tahoe)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We took our two kids to dinner here for our last night in Lake Tahoe. One of the main reasons we selected this restaurant was based on the menu on their Web site. They "appeared" to have a great happy hour and since we would be eating early, this worked well for us. Unfortunately, the menu online and the menu at the restaurant were very different. No happy hour food, no list of sandwiches (my son was VERY upset). They did have a small special on wine and beer, so at least the hubby and I were happy. I ordered the sauteed summer veggies and polenta for $15 and it was fabulous. My husband had their special weekend bbq full rack of ribs $25 and that two was very good. Both of the kids ordered their own pizza's which were very good, but I thought slightly over priced. The only major downside, other than the menu, is that the restaurant itself was not only difficult to find but seemingly in either disrepair or major renovation. Let's hope for the renovation. The small area of tables by the dock, where we were sitting, was fine, but once you wandered in to use the bathroom it looked as though the majority of the restaurant was closed down. Odd. Nonetheless, I would recommend Dockside for a nice evening out with a beautiful view.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, Right by the water... Can't get any better than that!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Ordered "carry out" and ate it on public area right in front of restaurant for a speedy bite. Can't wait to see the remodel when complete. Seafood pizza was awesome!!!!

Grass Valley, California
“Nice view so-so food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We very much enjoyed the covered veranda seating with a great view of the docks and lake. My husband had a seafood curry dish that he enjoyed. I had a "double pork chop" that came with a sauce, the pork was tender and was twice the size I could eat. The accompanying sauce and veggies were so salty as to ruin the dish for me. If we return I think I would order from the appetizer menu.

Visited July 2013