“The best Chinese food in a 200 mile radius!”
Review of Chinese Cuisine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chinese Cuisine
Cuisines: Chinese
San Rafael, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Chinese food in a 200 mile radius!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

First of all, I live within 20 miles of over 1000 Chinese restaurants. I've eaten at dozens of them and this one is equal to or tops the best of them. Every time I think about our dinner there it makes me want to drive back up to Tahoe for more. The owners and service were excellent, they made us feel like family. We weren't super hungry having had a late lunch at Sandy's bar (Squaw Valley Lodge) so we shared a large hot and sour soup (with pork), a double order of spring rolls (I didn't have to ask for hot mustard sauce, she offered and brought two), and our teenagers shared a shrimp chow mein which they thoroughly devoured. The root beer my daughter ordered was of the Thomas Kemper (no high fructose corn syrup) variety, and my wife and I shared a hot sake (Chinese people drink it too). Don't be fooled by the run-down shopping center, this place is worth the drive. If you stay at the Lake in the Sky motel all you have to do is cross the road.

• Visited February 2013

MIAMI
“Very lovely little restaurant”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Although the sign says Chinese takeout, I was pleasantly surprised to find a charming restaurant with many tables inside. i ate here for lunch. This family run Chinese restaurant serves good food in a super friendly environment. There are at least 20 lunch specials priced between $8.95 and $9.75. All come with cup of hot and sour soup, egg roll, either white or fried rice, and fortune cookie. Portions were large and tasty and they do Not use MSG.

• Visited January 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Best Chinese Food in North Tahoe/Truckee”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Decor is basic, but food and service are good. Food is quite authentic with dishes from various parts of China.

• Visited September 2011