“What a dump.”

Ranked #4 of 5 Tahoe City B&B and Inns
Calfornia
“What a dump.”
Reviewed March 8, 2007

This place was awful. I'd rather be in prison than stay there again. I still have nightmares about staying here. Parking problems, management problems, room smelled like something had died there. Sleep in your car before you give these people your money.

Stayed December 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 20, 2006

My husband and I stayed at Tahoe City Inn for the first time in 1982. We went to stay again this winter. It has gone through some changes with the new owners, but it was such a restful stay. The rooms were very nice and clean. Management is very helpful. It truely was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2006
San Anselmo
Reviewed July 13, 2005

Although the motel is in the town, I was not stisfied with the quality of the room. For the price of $130.00 a night for the so called suite, I did not think it was worth it. Suites looked like regular rooms to me. Fixtures in the room are broken. For example, the toilet dispenser was hanging off the wall. More importantly, the man in the front desk was crossed with me when I asked him that I left a pair of shoes. I think for a few more dollars I should have rented a cabin in Tahoe instead. My family and I would not come back.

1 Thank jocel1105

Travelers are raving about these Tahoe City hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 31, 2005

Our group had just wrapped up a day in the snow. We had reservations at a motor inn, but upon arriving we decided that it was just not up to par, so we drove around the strip looking for 3 rooms. We wound up staying at the Tahoe City Inn, which turned out to be a wonderfull experience. We were given a much lower then usual rate due to some vacancies, and were treated great by the staff. Each room has a jacuzzi tub, ours had a heart shaped one. The decor was very tastefull, and the room included free movie rentals. I cannot say enough about this great little inn, I will be going back on future trips to North Lake.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#1 of 7 in Tahoe City
Granlibakken Tahoe
Granlibakken Tahoe
#2 of 7 in Tahoe City

Been to Tahoe City Inn? Share your experiences!