All reviews floor room waffles top floor free breakfast lake tahoe visiting tahoe sized bed no frills breakfast burrito cereal alpine snow commons
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

They staff is kind, And Bilingual Important for my wife. Lots to do at this location, The Lake of course, shopping, farmers market, food and parks. Bus service and a beautiful small town feel. Of course this was the weekend after Labor Day weekend.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

The rooms are clean and service is good. But it's not exactly a cheap place to stay and 1- no air conditioning. 2- In a time where the whole world is going through a trash/ plastic crisis I can not believe that such place in 2019 overlooking this beautiful lake serves daily breakfast with paper plated/cups and plastic cutlery!! Its inexcusable. So much waste generated everyday! You have cleaning staff and charge more than enough for stays. Stop being ignorant and go green!! Have stayed here before but I think this is my last stay until this changes.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2019

As a seasoned traveler and regular visitor to the Tahoe area, I've yet to come across a management that is as dishonest and disrespectful as what I experienced at the Pepper Tree Inn in Tahoe City, CA. One of the worst experiences in all of my travels.

First of all, the booking process was unclear around putting me on a waitlist. Once they took me off the waitlist I was told I'd be placed in two separate rooms having to move rooms on each night of my planned stay. When my plans changed and I informed them I could no longer make my trip 2 days prior to my stay they simply sent me a confirmation of my cancelation never indicating I'd be charged in full for both nights.

I later get charged (in full) for both nights of my stay when the hotel was already overbooked and they simply re-booked my room and stole my money. In affect taking double rent on my reservation in a fully booked hotel and not crediting me back for almost $400. Worse yet, the manager (Bill Caneo) was dismissive, disrespectful and downright rude. He effectively stole our money and was unwilling to give me credit or return my monies.

Not the type of establishment I would ever recommend to anyone. Stay away from the Pepper Tree Inn. Previous customer reviews also confirm this. Shocking this man still has his job.

The manager of the Pepper Tree Inn (Billy DeCaneo) is taking people's money when they cancel their reservations, not refunding the monies, and re-renting those rooms effectively double dipping and stealing from guests. Not the type of person that should be running a customer service establishment such as a hotel. Stay away from this place.

Room tip: Don't stay here. Pepper Tree Inn in Tahoe City, CA rips-off their guests.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank NicholasKriv
Reviewed July 10, 2019

Convenient location-room from 4th floor had nice view. Parking limited. I made an error on my checkout date. I was contacted 15 minutes after checkout time(11AM) .I asked and was told no available rooms for the night. I asked for them to please not touch anything, that I was within a 15 minute and was on my way. By the time I arrived, shortly before 12 noon, they had thrown my belongings including refrigerated food into my suitcases and stowed them behind the office, and was told the manager, who was not available, dictated this. To top it off, they charged a $50 late fee. I contacted the manger to ask for a refund, which he refused. He chastised me in a condescending and rude manner, saying there would be no refund-that I should be more careful about checkout dates in the future,

Room tip: Above 3rd floor
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank artattack911
Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

We were so excited when we arrived at this hotel for my nephews wedding. Rooms are clean & quiet.
I have a large Ford Excursion & parking is difficulr in most places I go. But we deal with it.
However, this hotel has an underground parking facility with a 6'6" maximum height, perfect for normal cars but I'm too tall. There are no cars parked down there at this time. The top parking has short & narrow spaces with only 2 spots that large vehicles can park.
The 1st night I lucked out. So the next day, noticing the parking situation I asked the front desk if there was a way to hold that spot as the wedding was at 4pm & I would be returning around 10pm. He immediately said no.
I asked to speak to the manager & was informed to look for a guy in a green shirt walking around.
After finding him, I explained we had a young baby & was hoping they could put a cone up so I could unload the baby & supplies easily. He said, we don't hold any parking space for anyone. I asked where I could park if the spot was taken when I got back. He pointed to the road & said out there. What if there's no spot? He said, it's not my problem. I said that's not right. Why can't the small cars park in the underground garage & you keep up top for the larger vehicles. He turns & looks at me & said parking is 1st come 1st serve. Its not my problem if you can't find a parking spot. This from a man that parked his pickup taking 2 spots & halfway in the isle to park while he was here.
So, customers DON'T matter if you have a larger vehicle. Will I stay here again, NOPE!! A SAFE place to park is the managements "problem". Hopefully, they can find someone who takes every customers "problem" & at least try to solve it. Very disappointed.
And yes, it took me over 20 minutes to find a parking spot to park & get the baby & her stuff to the room. I had to park on the main street. Hopefully my car isn't thrashed when I wake in the morning.

Date of stay: June 2019