We went to Sunnyside for our 29th anniversary, and were very disappointed in the room. The bedside lamps were dusty, and not just a little dusty - but very very noticeable. We can live with dust, but the hair in the tub/shower was, ugh - I can't even describe how horrific I find that. My husband has a number 2 buzz cut and I have curly hair. The hair in the tub/shower was blonde and brunette. No mold, no signs of tub ring, just hair. When we got home I showered. We used to live at the lake and always wanted to be able to afford to stay at Lodge, so imagine our dissapointment. We ordered some desert and was told we would have it in 10 minutes, seemed fast for room service, but it never came. We called around 9pm, the restaurant wasn't busy, so 20 minutes would have been fine. But after an hour, we figured we were S.O.L. Thankfully it wasn't added to our bill at checkout.
It was great being back at the Lake for our 29th, and having coffee on the deck off our room in the morning. Thankfully we didn't order it from room service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunnyside's spectacular location on the pristine West Shore makes it the place to be in Lake Tahoe. Panoramic views of the lake and mountains beyond abound from nearly every table and during the summer, guests can also enjoy alfresco dining on Lake Tahoe’s largest outdoor deck.The Lakeside Dining Room features new American cooking – fresh, vibrant presentations of American classics with a focus on premium seafood and steaks. The award winning wine list has been carefully selected to complement the menu and offers a wide variety of wines including some rare & limited offerings. Our Mountain Grill offers a more casual atmosphere and is seated on a walk-in basis only.Sunnyside is also a classic lakefront lodge with guest accommodations overlooking Lake Tahoe. The 23 mountain inspired lodge rooms are inviting places to sink into after the day's activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnyside Restaurant Hotel Tahoe City
- Sunnyside Hotel Tahoe City
- Sunnyside Tahoe City