“The view paid everysingle penny”

Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tahoe City
Lima, Peru
“The view paid everysingle penny”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is a very nice hotel with an amazing view, you are rigth in the lake. The employees are very kind and always trying to help. The rooms are very big, confortable and cleans. There is a very nice restaurant, a bar, etc....we really liked this hotel. Recommend 100%

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Tahoe City, California
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Sunnyside is a must when visit the North Shore of Lake Tahoe. The dining patio is right on the lake. There are two seating and menu areas. We usually go for the basic menu which includes burgers, salad, fish tacos. Love the fish tacos and the fried zucchini. If we are going out to dinner in the evening go for the dinner menu. The food on this menu is very good and upscale. The dinner menu changes weekly. A great wine list, if you see the manager, Ox, roaming around visiting with guest be sure to get his recommendations. While you're there rent a boat from the marina and really see Lake Tahoe. I have lived at Lake Tahoe for over 30 years and Sunnyside is one of my favs! Because we live here we have never stayed at the Lodge, but it is right on the lake.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Understand, that this is a nice place but it is just not worth the price that they are charging for their Rooms/Mini-Suits. The location is fine, with easy access to Squaw and Hiking at Emerald Bay. We stayed for a long weekend and enjoyed the Kayaking and Hiking...The Dinner's at the restaurant were just fine with the Rib-eye steak being my favorite. Besides the price, the one real negative that I noticed was that there was an overwhelming smell of Deep Fried Food in the rooms as we arrived. Fortunately, this seemed to subside as our stay progressed.

Overall, the place was ok but next time, I 'm going to rent a private condo for the same or even less cost. ... Actually, a real bright thing to do would be to contact one of the local real-estate agencies for available cond or home rentals.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RunningManDango
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed August 29, 2010

What better venue than on the shores of lake tahoe and from a private balcony being able to enjoy the alpenglow sunset above the buzz of energy from the restaurant below. Nice touch with the wine selection in the room. Carpet getting a little worn though. Love this place. It casts a perfect spell in the summer. Each year my "kids" now teens skip rocks from the beach Will always come back for
More ......

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank LesBriG
Asia
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My boyfriend and I had a cosy little room with a nice fireplace. We enjoyed staying there and the location is pretty good, since there's a supermarket pretty much next door and a nice little restaurant called Fireside opposite, which serves a good breakfast. In the common reading area, where they serve coffee, there is a wonderful view of the lake. It's just delightful to sit there.

I was most impressed with one of the staff there. After I had checked out and back in San Fran city, I realised I had left my favourite gold vintage necklace (given by my mother) in one of the bedside draws. So, I called up the lodge staff and asked them to check, though there was already anothe couple in the room.
Shortly after, they came back to me and said they had found it and posted it back to my place in Ohio. I was really impressed by their expedited help in finding it and sending it back to me. Really appreciated their service!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingMermaid027
Texas
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We had lunch in the bar area on a Saturday and had a nice view of the lake. We decided to go back later in the week and it was closed (a weekday). On both occasions, the staff at the front desk were aloof and not very friendly in answering questions. We did not stay at the lodge.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheWorldTravelers02
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed April 4, 2010

The good:
-Service was friendly and helpful.
-Breakfast was more than sufficient, and the view from the breakfast room was lovely.
-The location is right on the lake and close to Tahoe amenities.
-High quality Aveda bath products.

The bad:
-Our room kind of ruined our stay. I booked a room with a fireplace but never used it because our room reeked of a very strong smoke smell. The bed was very uncomfortable with completely flat pillows, and both my spouse and I slept horribly. The road noise is quite noticeable.

Overall:
Wouldn't go back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorCalGirl82
#2 of 7 in Tahoe City
Cottage Inn
Cottage Inn
#1 of 5 in Tahoe City

Been to Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge? Share your experiences!