“Nice weekend in Tahoe”
Review of Cottage Inn

Cottage Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Tahoe City B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend, and it is a very cute property. The rooms are nice, clean, if a little bit on the small side. It's fine for two people though. There is very close access to the beach - literally a two minute walk. Great place to go when the weather is warmer. It was nice to sit out on the dock for a while and just enjoy the quite and beauty of Tahoe. Sunnyside resort is about a five minute walk, and a great place for drinks and food. We also found a very cute restaurant on the other side of the highway called Spoon. Homemade dishes, small homey atmosphere. We enjoyed it a lot.

The bed wasn't all that comfortable, but I think that's just personal preference. The breakfasts provided in the morning were delicious (although not low fat so check your diet at the door!). Everyone was very friendly, and we would definitely consider going back. We stayed in The Cottage, and the one thing to know is if you like to watch TV in bed, that's not an option in this room -- the TV is in the separate living area.

Great location, and great property. Would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cottage Inn

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Cottage Inn is the perfect place to have a mini getaway. We stayed in a cottage for two during the winter time where the property was covered in snow. I would have to say that the winter time is the best time to book a trip out to Tahoe City. We stayed in the Rustic Retreat Cottage, and it was very cozy and clean. The website pictures were exactly as described when we arrived there. We also loved how the Inn provided free breakfast in the morning in the main lobby. There's a walking distance beach access in the back of the Inn, where you can go take a walk in the morning or evening and see the beautiful lake. Highly recommend this place for couples, and for families as well!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This review is long overdue, I left a hurried one on booking.com after our stay, but feel the need to show thanks to Susi for our lovely stay at the Cottage Inn! My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay here. We booked pretty last minute due to my grandparents own house at Tahoe sadly being too full of family for a wedding, but our disappointment turned to gratitude very quickly as we realised how gorgeous the cottages are. Due to our late booking we had to swap about rooms a bit, but that was my fault as I really wanted to stay in the Romantic Hideaway room, which was amazing! We absolutely loved that room, the comfortable beds, throws, lovely spa bath and romantic touches. Susi was a brilliant hostess and made us feel like no request was too much. My family holiday home at Tahoe sadly won't be around much longer, and I'm so glad to have found a great alternative for any future visits to Lake Tahoe - even if I live as far away as Scotland! I highly recommend this cosy, welcoming and romantic wood cabin Tahoe getaway!

Room Tip: We LOVED romantic hideaway !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

These people have their game on at the Cottage in. Read all the reviews before I posted and for the life of me can't understand why anyone would not be happy staying there. This is a fantastic place to stay and I am VERY picky about where I stay on vacation. No it's not cheap but yes it was worth every penny. This is the second time I have been there and would never even consider staying anywhere else........and neither should you. Disregard the negative posts. Trust me.

Thanks again for the wonderful time.
Bernie and Cindy
Fifield Wisconsin

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited this haven after a vrey busy couple of weeks touring the high spots of western USA and it provided us with the chance to recharge our batteries ready for the final push home. We were a little later arriving than we should have been, but fortunately someone was still around to welcome us in and point us in the direction of food! every breakfast was quite wonderful and it was very relaxing to be served at the table. The late afternoon wine and snacks was a lovely opportunity to meet other guests and we had a great chat with a group from southern California. Each cottage obviously has its own style but ours was well appointed and the bathroom was wonderfully well designed (we were in the Game cottage).
Since coming back to England, I have been whispering my own little secret to my friends which is that in a few years time, when I am ready to give up teaching (that'll be tomorrow then!), I am going to launch a takeover bid. I can't imagine anywhere better to have as our heading into retirement business! Hope the very pleasant current owner does not mind!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay in the Cottage Time room, especially the (electric thermostat) fire place between the living room area and the bedroom gave it a very romantic and warm look&feel. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast really tasty! They even provide wine, cheese and some snacks in the late after noon, which made me very happy :) Only little downside was the shower, which wasn't all that comfortable (as it looked like), but that didn't affect our good time at the Cottage Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Susie, thanks again for the really pleasent stay. We enjoyed it a lot. Please keep on going like this. Hope to see you soon again.
For all potential new guest: this is the place to stay. There is a warm welcome and cosy cottage rooms waiting for you. Each room is decorated differently with a lot of love. There is no breakfast buffet, but a really delicious breakfast served at the table.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
Granlibakken Tahoe
Granlibakken Tahoe
#2 of 7 in Tahoe City

Been to Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!