“Saddened by my stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Sutter Creek B&B and Inns
Sonora, California
“Saddened by my stay”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

After not staying at Foxes for numerous years I took a respite and did a solo stay in July, 2013. I was SO disappointed in the condition of my room, which was the Garden Room. It was dirty, dusty and had red slimy mold in the shower. I was horrified to find that the bathroom blinds did not fit the window correctly and at night when the light was on you could see straight into the bathroom, including a full shot of the toilet! I sent a letter, with proof of what I had found and email as well. To date, 5 weeks later, not one word from the Staff or Owner. Things certainly have changed at Foxes and NOT for the better!!! I WILL NOT be back. If I had heard back from anyone at Foxes I would have, at the very least, been willing to give it another try.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lori F
FoxesInnnewowners, Manager at The Foxes Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for your feeback regarding your stay. We value any comments and take our guests requests and suggestions very seriously. We appreciate your long term devotion to the Foxes Inn and would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again. I apologize you did not recieve a response to your initial concerns, unfortunately the PO Box that your letter was sent to is no longer owned by the Inn. The Inn has had the same PO Box for over 25 years, and we are currently in the process of replacing any literature that does not have the current information. I was not informed of your email until September 5th. I would have been pleased to assist you with any concerns during your stay, but nothing was mentioned to me, or my staff. We will be working on correcting the issues you have mentioned and hope you will reconsider a visit with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was a wonderful trip for us. The breakfast was amazing and the amenities were first class. I appreciated the covered parking for our motorcycle. We stayed in the Victorian Room but had a chance to check out all of the other spaces. I'm so happy that we chose to have breakfast outside in the garden. Great wine tasting and antique shopping in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at The Foxes Inn, and I was completely happy with the service that I received. My room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast that was served was absolutely delicious. Also, The inn is located on the Main Street, so it was close to gift shops, wineries, and restaurants. I recommend the inn. It's a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Foxes Inn was a wonderful retreat for my sister and I. The accommodations were fantastic and entire staff was just lovely. We stayed in the Fox Room which was very quaint! If you want to tour the area, this makes a great base camp. The Wine Package (Tour and snack basket) was really quite excellent. The foods provided in the snack basket were delicious! We can't wait to go back. Thanks for a great trip Foxes Inn and Staff.

Room Tip: The bigger rooms are more suitable for families. For my sister and I the Foxes room worked perfectl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Wonderful retreat, newly remodeled but still feels authentic gold country. Great location, walk to wine tasting and shops in downtown Sutter Creek. Very gracious hostess and yummy breakfast. We enjoyed their hospitality and attention to detail . Rooms very well appointed with fireplace. Weather was fabulous and sunny even in late November

Room Tip: Foxes den is smallest least expensive room ,but fine for one night
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sonoma County, CA
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Foxes Inn has been our home away from home for several summer weekends over the years. My husband and I come to Sutter Creek with family to stay for a long weekend of visiting friends in the area. The hospitality never ceases to amaze and impress, and we are always greeted like long lost friends by Wendy. The lobby is quaint and spotless, as are the rooms. We like to stay in the Foxes Den which is super cozy. I'd like to come back on a rainy Winter day and just snuggle up with a book and stay in that room all day. Each bedroom is themed and beautifully appointed. The Inn has an inviting front porch to sit and watch passers by, as well as a lovely side garden. The breakfast choices are plentiful and are as delicious as they look. The fruit cup is artwork! I have stayed in many B and B's in England and the Southern States, and Foxes ranks up there with the very best. Don't miss this sure bet for a wonderful trip back to a gentler time!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irishwine707
San Francisco
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We really enjoyed this Inn. The location is perfect, the rooms are beautiful and the service outstanding. The delicious cooked to order breakfast is a great way to start the day. One of my favorite things to do was to sit on the porch at night after dinner and sip wine, enjoy the warm weather and watch people walking down Main Street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Mokelumne Hill
Grey Gables Inn
Grey Gables Inn
#2 of 6 in Sutter Creek

Been to The Foxes Inn? Share your experiences!