“Warm atmosphere, great food, friendly service”
Review of Susan's Place Wine Bar - CLOSED

Susan's Place Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2010

We were greeted by a very friendly staff, seated at a very intimate table in a private corner of the dining room. The staff was very attentive to all our needs. The food was delicious and the presentation was lovely.

1  Thank Twoleftys

Reviewed January 25, 2010

Susan's Place is #1 for its cusine ( wonderful selections; epicurian delights, pleasingly presented), ambiance (al fresco or inside dining option weather permitting), eclectic decor ( an unexpected extra), attention to customer service ( the owner brought me to my table and the server was attentive and friendly), and the superior attention given by the owner and her staff to providing each patron with an exceptional overall total dining experience . This restaurant was full and yet, there was an ample number of servers and busers to care for everyone; unlike many dining establishments in a recession.
The meal was paced well, allowing us to relax and enjoy it without rushing us
or interrupting us so we could thoroughly enjoy our dining experience. For those who feel that they deserve to be treated like Royalty, try the Ritz and be ready to pay
a king's ransome for that privilege. I'd rather go to Susan's Place, enjoy the time shared with my friends or loved ones and an owner and staff who make you feel like special friends as well as "distinguished epicurians". Whether a traveler or a local, you'll feel at home. I will always recommend this restaurant to anyone who visits this area. It is truly #1 of a kind. I'll be back again and again. Susan and staff, thank you for sharing
your love of food, friends, and fun times at Susan's Place in Sutter Creek
Jamie Ciardella
Jackson, CA

Reviewed January 20, 2010

It's great to step into this magical restaurant. The twinkling lights, trickling waterfalls and wonderful ambiance is very relaxing. It a good place to have a romantic lunch or dinner. It's also good for a get together, with a group of friends or family. The employees are very friendly and attentive. Susan, herself is very knowledgable on wines. She was very helpful in learning about the different wines. It sure helped us.
Summer or Winter, the atmosphere is so unique. We always enjoy going there.

1  Thank Queenie333
Reviewed December 12, 2009

Truly, the outside of 'Susan's Place' is a cute sight to behold. It gives off a small and quaint place that's tucked into the folds of a wine country city yet once you are seated it all turns sour very, very quickly. Our server, who named herself as Jennifer, was horrible hands down. Her service was slow, when we asked questions about the pastas and wine she had only short common sense answers that anyone would obviously know and over all my wife and I got the impression that anything that we said didn't matter to her at all. She made us feel quite unwelcome and unimportant. We even happened to notice that one of the male servers there didn't care much for her as they gave each other hateful glares while standing around with nothing to do.

The place was overcrowded by servers and the few bussers that they had also. The serving floor really only needed maybe two, three servers to work the floor at most, yet there were six of them walking around with bored expressions on their faces. And the food, specifically the pasta that we ordered, was overcooked and gummy tasting. It was completely over priced and if I wanted trash for food paired with horrible service and atmosphere I would have taken my wife straight to Denny's.

To top the expensive meal off when we were leaving, my wife noticed that to the left of the entrance/exit our server was smoking a cigarette. When she caught sight of us she rolled her eyes and threw her cancer stick right in our direction before walking back inside to what I believe was the kitchen. Probably because of our comment on the receipt about her service. We didn't leave a tip but rather put '-5' in the line. It wasn't enough for this Jennifer to be careless about her customers but she just had to be unnecessarily rude to us right outside the restaurant that she worked!

I truly feel sorry for the owner who hired this woman because all that she is doing is ruining her business. This place is a complete disaster besides the wonderful outside appearance.

1  Thank StylishLiving
Reviewed October 10, 2009

My husband and I went to Susan's Place for wine and a light, early dinner. We split the beet salad special with chicken, which was to die for. Alberto was a very attentive waiter. Susan was helpful in recommending which wineries to focus on visiting. We enjoyed dining on the outdoor patio, and had hoped to go back again the following day, although our schedule didn't permit. The Mediterranean menu is very appealing and flexible, and prices are good.

2  Thank TEW49ers