“Great lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Susan's Place Wine Bar - CLOSED

Susan's Place Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Reno, Nevada
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Great place for lunch or dinner in Sutter Creek. There aren't a lot of choices, but you can't go wrong here. Covered patio seating or air conditioned inside seating. Very nice menu with lots of choices. My only complaint is that they will not split checks and will only do one credit card per table, which makes it very inconvenient with a group.

• Visited August 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Oh, My Green Goddess!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Anytime Susan wants to change her name to "Green Garden Tavern" or "Goddess of Goodness" or "The Gracious Greenhouse" or "Delightful and Delicious", no one will fuss.

Garden umbrellas sway like chandeliers from the vine laced latticed rafters over head. Fans swirl softly, twinkle lights all aglow, while sweet old songs are spun by smokey voiced singers on the 70's.

Me and that Panda Guy shared Fresh Muscles in green champagne vinaigrette... (Guessing)... Style broth with Parmesan sprinkled atop. + Melted Brie & Garlic & more good stuff + "Petite Skillet" of potatoes & Chicken sausage with bread & a variety of spreads, delivered on a wood bread board. All good. And we were stuffed silly. For goodness sake, even my green tea came in a gorgeous covered cup. And my coffee came French pressed. Mr. Blk/Wht had himself a couple talk brews he sucked on all night, too. We both Felt Good.

It is also extremely easy to navigate a 'Gluten Free' ... Gluttonous feast here, as Susan boasts.

San Diego, California
“Back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We always eat at Susan's Place when we come to Sutter Creek. Consistantly good and nice wine selection.

Visited July 2014
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Unique place in Sutter Creek. Loved the shaded outside patio. Substantial menu with a lot of food choices. I had the Greek meatloaf sandwich. It wasn't bad, but the olives in the meatloaf weren't a good fit. My brother got pasta with meatballs, which oddly enough was much larger than my wife's chicken with potatoes from the same section of the menu. Both of those looked great and I wish I had tried something similar.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Philip B
Modesto, California
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in at susans place as recommended by our bed and breakfast. Once we walked in we were taken by the scenery. We promptly greeted and seated. I had the lamb shanks and polenta which was absolutely amazing my wife had the salmon over polenta with the lemon sauce. She said the best salmon she's ever had. I have been reading the reviews on here and yes splitting the checks may be a slight I convenience but they just want to keep the money away from the credit cards. So I strongly recommend this place. Food was great service was great. All around wonderful experience.