“Great little place in Sutter Creek CA”
Review of Susan's Place Wine Bar - CLOSED

Susan's Place Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reno, Nevada
“Great little place in Sutter Creek CA”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I found a nice place for dinner in Sutter Creek CA. We actually found it by accident while looking for the free municipal parking lot. It is a block off the main highway and easy to miss unfortunately. Susan's has been there for 20+ years according to our waitress. Eateries come and go in this tourist town so longevity like that says something. You can sit either inside or in their courtyard which is very pleasant at this time of the year. The food was excellent and we enjoyed an option that they offered to "create" your own meal. You can select a base entree and then choose the style of sauce to accompany it. The experience was fun. One more tip here: Being in Amador County they are sitting in the center of a very decent wine region. Nearly all of the wine list was "local" and very reasonably priced.

“Could have been better”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

A friend had recommended Susan's - two of us had lunch there yesterday. The waitress hardly lifted her head to look at us as we ordered, and did not smile once. we both ordered ice tea; mine was per-sweetened, hers was not - I was surprised that this was not stated on the menu as I would not have ordered per-sweetened ice tea . Our Greek salads were not Greek. There was one olive (cut in half), about a thumb's worth of feta; also included artichoke slivers, julienne carrot, tomatoes. it was $11.+; the bread was chilled as if it had been refrigerated. If only she had smiled and been pleasant. Not again for this chicken.

1 Thank tomatorice
Oceanside, California
“Great fare just off the main drag”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I have enjoyed some great meals here and were not disappointed this past weekend. We sat outdoors on a fairly warm day (mid-90's) but was comfortable due to the shade. Server was great and kept our glasses full. One of the best salads I have had in a long time. A superb community art center is right next store if you need to wait. We walked up but reservations are necessary. This place is popular. They also ask that you do not use your cell phones. I liked that policy. People actually talk with each other instead of being self-absorbed and rude to other diners.

Modesto, California
“Not the best experience this trip!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I ate here alone recently while attending the ragtime music festival which has become a yearly event for me the last several years. This was my third time to this restaurant, the last time being two years ago. The last time was a positive experience and I wrote a positive review here on trip advisor. On this recent visit, I did not have reservations but came to the restaurant early, shortly after 5:00 and there were few patrons at the time. I had to wait a few minutes for the hostess to come which was fine, but when she came, she seemed disorganized and was not sure if she had a table for me. She reported that since they had a few groups of people to serve, I might not get my meal very quickly and wanted to know if I was in a hurry. Not the most welcoming attitude. I told her that I probably just wanted to order a soup/salad plate (I had looked at a paper take out menu while waiting and she said that would not take long to get from the kitchen. As she was waiting to see what to do with me, the couple behind me started talking to her about getting a table and she addressed them for a few minutes, leaving me to wonder if I would be seated. Shortly after she took me to a table in the courtyard area but did not have a menu to give me, could not find any. I told her that if the paper takeout menu was accurate I would look on that. I ordered the soup/salad meal and given a choice of two soups, cream of asparagus or tomatoe florentine, I chose the tomatoe. My meal came fairly quickly, a small bowl of soup and a small serving of salad. I am not a big eater, but I was surprised at the small amount of food. In addition, I was not given bread/dipping sauce at my table which I noticed other diners had. I had two very small crackers with my soup/salad, which seemed a little ridiculous. This meal cost $12.00 and seemed a poor value for what I received. The soup was just average, I was not even sure if it was homemade, but I assume it was, given the quality food that usually comes from this restaurant. For dessert I had the walnut, caramel torte which was delicious but rather expensive at $8.00 for not that big of a slice. My total bill came to $20.00 which I thought was not a good value for the amount of food and the service I received. My server was pleasant, but not that attentive. I can't help but feel that because I was a "lone" diner, I did not get the attention that perhaps other tables received. I doubt I will be back to this restaurant. The restaurant has a very nice setting but is not worth the price for the food and service one receives here.

3 Thank MSWMom50
San Francisco Bay Area
“Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Service from Chelsea, along with the food, wine and ambiance were all perfect for a great lunch.....without a doubt we will be back!

• Visited July 2012