“BEST Mussels, Fried Broccoli and Calamari - EVER!”
Review of Hotel Sutter

Hotel Sutter
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Sutter Creek
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014

And those are just the appetizers! They were SO good...I wanted to then try the 10 OTHER starters - and will make the trip again from Tahoe...just to try them all! The service was great, try the House Red & White wines....they are delicious! The homemade breads - especially the Jalapeno cheese was addictive! And...my seafood linguine in a perfect cream sauce, with just the right amount of spice...divine! Now...let me get back to those Mussels! The chef made a special Thai curry sauce that night for the mussels, which were cooked to perfection and so fresh. I couldn't stop eating them and soaked up every bit of sauce with the bread. After I went on and on about the special appetizer to Chef Darius - he said he'd likely add this to the starters, along with the original mussels in a red sauce. YAY! I could go on and on....but recommend you try it for yourself. We stayed the night in the newly renovated hotel rooms, which are immaculately clean and tastefully decorated with a old and new feeling to them. Simply can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Awesome setting. Nice place to eat after day of tasting in Almador. Bring your local wine purchase! The salmon was great, other choices in our group were very good, but not memorable.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding here. The room was perfect and the food was delicious. It was a very hot day but inside was nice and cool. We were especially impressed by the wonderful service. Thank you Hotel Sutter for a special evening!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I'm writing about the Bar/Lounge located down and right of the Hotel Sutter. They serve "hands down" the best buger I've ever had. Hand made pattie at least a half of pound. Bacon, avocado, the works. $10. "Andrea the Bar Tender" is very nice and provided excellent service! I will stop every time I travel Highway 49.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were very impressed by the "new" Sutter opening, and thoroughly enjoyed a lunch there in the spring 2014. The food was delicious and the service was good. We visited again on Mother's Day for their brunch; this time they had a new manager. We had made reservations for 11 a.m., but when we arrived, no one even acknowledged us except for the host, who gave me a flower. I was very upset and finally asked the host about getting seated, and it was only then that we found out they had changed our reservation to 45 minutes later time without telling us. We visited again on Father's Day evening (June 15 - trying to support the place because we are local) and there were only two wait staff. Our waitress was nowhere to be found most of the time we were there. We had to wait over 30 minutes to have our order taken, and then another long wait for food. We saw the manager kind of walking around, looking like he was in a daze. However, the busser was on top of things. She tried her best to make sure we had water and bread while waiting for our waitress.

It is unfortunate that this place has such potential, but they are headed in the wrong direction and need to re-evaluate the management.

2  Thank Heidi M