“Hidden Little Gem in the Golden Hills.....”
Review of The Room Upstairs

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sutter Creek
The Room Upstairs
Ranked #6 of 6 Sutter Creek B&B and Inns
stockton
“Hidden Little Gem in the Golden Hills.....”
Reviewed November 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the lovely Room Upstairs last week.

When we arrived, we were greeted personally by the inn keeper, who showed us around the room, how to use the thermostat, and gave some history on the "room upstairs".

The "room" was more like a suite. There was another room in the hall that is reserved as a "studio" which had a lovely size bed, bathroom, and private wet bar area with refrigerator and microwave.

Before I get to the review...let me tell you...I have never visited this lovely little town...almost...ALMOST reminiscent of Disneyland's Main Street (A Disney lover, as I would never think of giving a true "just like"!) . The little street is lined with old churches, tons of antique stores, little tea shops, places to eat, quant little village stores and ice cream shops. The hills surrounding the main street area are absolutely beautiful...and can be seen from the balcony of the suite we stayed in.

We walked into a living room with couch, tv, dining room table and chairs. There were books to read, movies to watch, games to play,even cocoa and popcorn stocked if we wanted some! The bedroom was decorated the same as the living room, victorian...charming, comfortable and inviting. Little touches of charm were everywhere. An umbrella, summer hat, drawer with tape, stamps and things to write with. The bathroom stocked with perfume, soap and shampoo.

Walking in the courtard which doubles as a courtyard to the Susan's place restaurant downstairs is so cute! Little Doves making their cute little dove song inside a cage surrounded by carpet on top of the bricks as you walk in, and a lamp turned on next to a table. I hear Susan's place is very yummy...it was closed, we were there on a weekday, but will definately try next time we come around...and there will be a next time that is for sure.

My husband and I really enjoyed the quiet, quaint room upstairs. I am going back in a few weeks to join in the Sutter Creek old fashioned Christmas festival. You can feel the charm of this little town in every nook and crannie....many gems await the curious traveler...I hope that your travels send you down Eureka street, past some doves and into another time where you do not need alot of distractions to enjoy some of the simpler things in life.......

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

#2 of 6 in Sutter Creek
The Foxes Inn
The Foxes Inn
#1 of 6 in Sutter Creek

Been to The Room Upstairs? Share your experiences!