“Great steak” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of J & D's Steak House - CLOSED

J & D's Steak House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Great steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We ate here April 20 at 2 p.m. Wide open seating. Food was delicious. I had the cobb salad. Another person in my group had the bow legged cowboy (wedge of lettuce with steak cubes) They have local beers on tap and a selection of local wines. Service was good and they didn't hurry us so we had a relaxed lunch. I suggest making reservations for dinner. Bathrooms were very clean.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank C W B

Diamond Springs, California
“Great Gold Country Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The city of Sutter Creek is great fun to visit if you like the charm of the old town feel and my uncle who lives in the neighboring town of Jackson took us to J & D's. It was great. Small place so be sure to call for reservations if you are going for dinner. The place was packed and once we got our meals we found out why. All four of us had something different and all of us LOVED our meals. The staff is friendly, the service good and the hometown feel just makes it all that much better. Feel free to go casual as it is a very comfortable place to be. My husband & I have made the hour drive several times since just for dinner and have never been disappointed. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have. I've never been for lunch but I bet it's great too!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Linda F
Sacramento, California
“find another place to eat!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

On the 12/31/12 I took my wife to this so called steakhouse, Food was terrible, cold, took forever, and they ran out of food on the busiest night of the new year. Will never return to this place if I was starving! Management needs to be fired, I hope it goes out of business!! ruined my new with my wife!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on our way to Daffodil Hill. Our server was very knowledgable and was very thorough when telling us about the beer selection. My husband and I had burgers which were both cooked to perfection. The hubby ordered the Outlaw burger and he said it was amazing! That's a big deal because it takes a lot to impress him with a burger! We will definitely be back!

1 Thank MGraska
Phoenix
“Fun place to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We ate in the lower level and had a great time. Stick with burgers and appetizers.....prime rib was awful

Visited February 2013