“Hearty Stick to the Blood Vessels Food”

Lumberjack's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Susanville
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is not your low cholesterol cafe. Had a chicken fried chicken dinner. It was good all around with a competent salad, mashed pots and gravy. The gravy could use some work, it was overly thick and gloppy. The meat was good as were the sides. Had breakfast the next morning, and waffle, fruit and trimmings were good, no complaints. Decent prices, and plenty of food.

There are newer reviews for Lumberjack's Restaurant

Reviewed June 16, 2014

They have a selection for every type of eater on every kind of budget. From breakfast to dinner and everything in between, the food here is good and very affordable. The wait staff is friendly and very helpful. The restaurant is extremely clean and I was very impressed to see a manager get on a stepstool to change a light bulb. The big screen televisions have on ESPN and Lumberjack competitions. Take your family here for a GREAT meal.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We ordered two simple 2 eggs, country potatoes, and toast. Price was fair around $5.50 each.
The service was very good and the place was super clean. From what I could see, food portions are very large so don't hesitate to split or get an extra plate. There were some large screen TV's to gaze at with ESPN logger competitions on.
But what killed it for us were the country potatoes. There were plenty of them and I would have loved to eat them, but there was WAY TOO MUCH GARLIC SALT. Did I say that loud enough? In fact, I would take a bite and crunch down on salt. And I like garlic - just not from a plastic bottle with all the salt. Simply way too much. It was great that the hostess asked how our meals were, and I told her about the potatoes and she brought regular hash browns for me (or offered fruit). It was weird that she didn't know if they were supposed to be that way or if the cook was sloppy - the staff should know what the food tastes like! I thought my wife was okay with it but she didn't eat them either. And she kind of lost her appetite so $5.50 for 2 eggs and toast. Unfortunately, the entire plate tasted like garlic salt and it wasn't a good experience. The girl at the cash register asked how the food was, but I just said "okay" since I already let the hostess know.
Lumberjacks: consider making O'Brien style with a little onion and green pepper. Or use red potatoes... maybe add a hint of rosemary... there are many ways to add flavor to breakfast potatoes other than a ton of garlic salt.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had the oatmeal for breakfast for two of the three days that I stayed at the Best Western Trailside Inn located onsite. The oatmeal was excellent and came with brown sugar, raisin, butter, & milk. I also had the fresh fruit which was very good, two sausage patties, and OJ.

1  Thank Maria F
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Pros: Good menu, hard working staff.
Con: It was obvious that the computer ordering system used by the staff was labor intensive. The restaurant needs to rethink the process, there is better technology available.