“Not authentic, but decent”
Review of mazatlan grill

mazatlan grill
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Susanville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: quality food and atmosphere in remote town
Description: quality food and atmosphere in remote town
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is not an authentic Mexican restaurant, so if you don't expect that, you probably won't be disappointed. The menu has lots of options. Nothing we've had over a couple of visits was too hot (good for me, not for my hubby). The salsa has just a touch of heat.

Popular but were were able to get a table each time we visited. Staff was friendly. Good if you want a decent meal without a lot of flair.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is NOT mexican food. The food we ordered was gross..do not eat here. The verde had no taste and the rolled tacos were frozen food.
The food was cold and the service was poor. Have to walk through the kitchen to get to the rest room!!

Keep driving ..dont stop here!!

1  Thank marie123
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a large restaurant with standard furnishings. The menu is large and includes all the standards.

There are several small-portion entrees, which I appreciate. I had enchiladas suiza, and my husband had a combination. Both were quite good. The service was a little slow but acceptable.

The prices are VERY reasonable - close to 1/3 less than we're accustomed to.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My fiance went out tonight and it was loud crowded. Parking for a place shouldnt be that complicated. We were sat and then waited quite awhile just to get the drinks then our order was taken at the same time.The food wasn't bad but we weren't checked on one time and I had to stop someone every time i wanted something.

1  Thank alison2930
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Being from Tucson, we believe we have high standards for Mexican food, and the quality here was great. It offered relatively bland versions, good for travelers who don't want to stop every 30 miles or so on the next day. There was some confusion over who was our server, but that worked out OK,