“Loved it.”

Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Susanville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The little gal that checked us in was great,very informative,and made you feel so welcome.We got a Jacuzzi sweet and all I can say is wow it was awesome,very clean rooms.We had dinner in their restaurant the prices where very good and food was fantastic.the Staff was very friendly and helpful.The only thing that was a draw back was that they did not have cocktail waitress when you where out playing slots,but besides that would so stay again and would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruthie M
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Ruthie, I am thrilled that your stay was so pleasant. I will post you review at the hotel desk and the restaurant. Our floor attendants are supposed to double as cocktail servers, they may have been busy. Thank you, Gary.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Having grown up in the area I know the best place to stay - I now live in the South and when we come home to visit family we stay at the Casino - it has never let us down....the staff has always been helpful and the food is out of this world. I only have one complaint - I don't remember seeing a "senior menu" for us old farts who don't eat much...love their Country Fried Steak...plan to go back and visit during Christmas holidays this year and will be staying for a week....looking forward to our visit ....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth D
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Ruth, Thank you very much for your kind review. We will advise all the staff. We run a senior special from 2pm to 5pm every weekday, if that helps. Gary

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I made a reservation online and asked to bring my service animal. I spoke to Madeline on the phone. She had to go ask her manager if it was OK for me to bring my service animal. After being on hold she came back and asked me what my disability was. This is a HIPPA violation. I asked her if I could check out at 1PM instead of noon, she said fine. When I arrived the next day at check in no one knew of my service animal or my reasonable accommodation request. Madeline had noted on the reservation that I would be checking out at 1 PM the next day. The room had loose plumbing in the shower, the sink, the mirrored bypass closet doors were broken off the track. Not god shape. The maid and a house keeping have both been knocking on my door to tell me I need to check out. It is still 12:30 PM right now as I write this. The TV remote failed so I asked for batteries. I thanked the young man for the batteries. Then the front desk called and asked why I would not let him in to help us. I thanked them for the batteries and said my wife and I are lounging around this morning and did not want company. The food had very little flavor in the restaurant last night and looked like microwaved left overs out of the freezer even though they advertised " Wild Caught Mahi-Mahi." The "non-smoking area of the restaurant stunk like typical casino cigarette smoke. Dreck. The general staff is unfriendly and walking around in their own unhappy world. The service area's people were warm and friendly but no one else. I asked for simple directions to a local lake in the area that no one had heard of so they handed me a map and wished me good luck. I can not recommend this place until they fix their customer service and communication issues.

Room Tip: Pay less, get a cleaner room and free breakfast at the local Best Western.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Chad, I sincerely apologize for your inconveniences. We appreciate knowing where we can improve. Gary

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We found the hotel easily using our GPS device. It is a clean facility with great food at inexpensive prices. The rooms are nicely appointed, charming even! Bed comfy if a bit on the soft side. Compared with some of the other rooms that my company books, this was a notch above. I read the concerns about the coffee maker. Although I understand the inconvenience of figuring out the Keurig, I appreciate the better than normal flavor. Enjoyed shopping at the $10 shop. The employee who working our all day business event in the Board Room was very helpful and accommodating of our needs. I know I will return for business and I will recommend this venue to co-workers who will travel in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Eringorah, Thank you very nuch for your kind review. I will see that the banquet people also get to know about your review. Gary

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Boy what a place of contrasts. I was there 2 days on business in town, I was not ready for the smoking. Whats good first. The food in the casino was great and very affordable, the staff were also really friendly and fun. My room and floor was no smoking. Now the bad, everywhere smelled of smoking, the front door, the hallways, and the cafe. The furniture was cheap and showed it although the hotel is not very old, and I had to walk through the hallway downstaires to get to the single, only tiny elevator. The "Board Room" was off that hallway and the doors were open with what seemed like 300 smokers in there. If you gamble it would be okay, but I shall not be back.

Room Tip: 4th floor was "non Smoking"
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Malcolm F
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Malcom, thank you for your comments. Gary

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel was very accommodating with our changing work schedule. The rooms were nicely appointed with refrig, mircowave, flat screen, and Keurig. The bed was too soft and lumpy as were the pillows; however, others in my group found the beds to be comfortable.
The gym was VERY small and stuffy.

I did not eat at the hotel due to the stench of cigarette smoke on the first floor. The paperwork at check-in had a statement that was highlighted which said illegal drugs were not allowed on the premises and the discovery of stuff would result in immediate removal from the property and MAY result in prosecution.....interesting!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank businesstraveler155
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Traveler, Thank you for your comments. We do enforce a zero tolerance policy and inform our guests of the same. One must remember that we are NOT technically in California, Federal laws apply here and many guests from California don't realize that fact. Gary

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've stopped at this hotel many times on business trips. Very friendly staff, clean rooms and comfortable beds are just a few assets. Great getaway for a few days of leisure and if gambling is your kind of fun, they have it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
This_Hotel_Guy, Manager at Diamond Mountain Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Les, Thank you very much for your kind review. I'll post this for our staff. We also are very close to Lassen Volcanic Park and the Biz Johnson Trail. Gary