“Good value for money south indian fare...”
Review of Madras Cafe

Madras Cafe
Ranked #6 of 379 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Reviewed May 5, 2012

+Good south indian food, especially the dosas, curd rice & pongal
+Quick service, once you are seated
+Reasonably priced
+Open for breakfast!
-Can we get more pickles for the curd rice please?
-Crowd management. it gets out of hand.
-Avoid the sambar vada if you can. If thats all you ordered, you will not come back.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Opens at 8:30 am in the morning, reached there by 8:35 am and still I see 4 tables have already been taken. what??? what does that means??? It means it's hack of a place for some awesome south indian snacks and most amazing filter coffee I ever had!!

Seriously man, within 30 mins, I saw almost all the tables were taken. Must say, I was impressed.NO, not with the mabience but the food. I and husband ordered masala dosa and idli plate. They both were nice. The best part of eating at such places is that you are sure, everything is fresh because the don't have any left overs to be consumed the next day.

I am a regular here and everytime I eat here, I see the consistency in the taste. Nice breakfast and such aromatic coffee over a nice saturday morning at cafe madras is a Bliss!!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I figured it was a good sign when I walked in and saw that I was the only non-Indian in a crowded restaurant. I did take-out, which was processed quickly. The menu didn't have explanations, so make sure you know what you're ordering. Tasty and inexpensive.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

It is Vegetarian Restaurant.
It caters South India snacks and small meals however not the full blown/multiple course South Indian Meals/Thali.
I like the Mini Idlies and the Rasam Vadas (n the days I indulge myself for Fried Food)
My son loves their cone dosas and husband loves their various rice dishes.

This place does get crowded during evenings and also on weekends so plan accordingly.

This is a good place to go with a group of friends as you can order your dishes and payupfront and then sit down to eat together.

Enjoy..............

Reviewed October 14, 2010

Authentic south indian food(as good as what you get back home) at a relatively inexpensive price. Fast service.