“Find this place.”

Ruby's Taqueria
Ranked #76 of 379 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Oh my goodness, where to begin. It's just delicious. Fish tacos on Friday, and they're the best I've ever had.
Cash only.
Worth finding.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Rubio's Mexican grill is not too Mexican I will said is a fusión between California And México
the salsas are good but the lobster burrito I order it was not a big surprice And explosion of flavor it was flat and poor prepare. full of mayonese. beside that the lobster it was not the main ingredient. I got rice and iceberg lettuce. I knew it will be not really good. the place look clean but they need to improve their prep on food if want call them self Mexican. because is more Californian food than Mexican

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I tried Ruby's for the first time at lunch this week. I was hungry for a good burrito and I gave them a try.

The good news: My Al Pastor (BBQ pork) burrito was very tasty, generous in size, not too much rice, and very reasonably priced. Also I saw that they have a very large menu with lots of interesting dishes.

The other news: The place is small, and they can't keep up with the crowds. The line to order was out the door, and it took more than 15 minutes before I could submit my order. By the time my food was ready, I had been there 25 minutes, I had to dash back to work and I didn't have time to eat it until later in the afternoon. So my basic need (to get some lunch before my 1:00 meeting) was not really met.

Not sure what they can do, except maybe have a 2nd person to take orders. They only took about a dozen orders in those 15 minutes.

I will probably give them another try, but only go after the lunch rush is over, and I'll make sure I have plenty of time.

A hidden benefit: I got to watch the exciting first inning of the Italky-Mexico baseball game, which I otherwise would not have seen.

Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Ruby's is my favorite taqueria in Sunnyvale. Get the Vampiros. They really are fantastic. Recommend the tinga - spicy chicken.