“Good low priced food, long lines”
Review of Ruby's Taqueria

Ruby's Taqueria
Ranked #58 of 377 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Mexican
California
“Good low priced food, long lines”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I tried Ruby's for the first time at lunch this week. I was hungry for a good burrito and I gave them a try.

The good news: My Al Pastor (BBQ pork) burrito was very tasty, generous in size, not too much rice, and very reasonably priced. Also I saw that they have a very large menu with lots of interesting dishes.

The other news: The place is small, and they can't keep up with the crowds. The line to order was out the door, and it took more than 15 minutes before I could submit my order. By the time my food was ready, I had been there 25 minutes, I had to dash back to work and I didn't have time to eat it until later in the afternoon. So my basic need (to get some lunch before my 1:00 meeting) was not really met.

Not sure what they can do, except maybe have a 2nd person to take orders. They only took about a dozen orders in those 15 minutes.

I will probably give them another try, but only go after the lunch rush is over, and I'll make sure I have plenty of time.

A hidden benefit: I got to watch the exciting first inning of the Italky-Mexico baseball game, which I otherwise would not have seen.

• Visited March 2013

Sunnyvale, California
“Great hole in the wall Mexican food.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Ruby's is my favorite taqueria in Sunnyvale. Get the Vampiros. They really are fantastic. Recommend the tinga - spicy chicken.