“Exceptional hospitality, clean rooms and great staff.”
Review of Maple Tree Inn

Maple Tree Inn
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was my first stay at the Maple Tree - up for business with a group from the San Diego area. Clean and spacious room, delicious breakfast and a great pool side atmosphere with gas fire pit and hotub. Walking distance to multiple restaurants, including excellent sushi. Tonight will be my 8th night at the hotel and the only negative experience I've had is when the dryer didn't completely dry my clothes on the first cycle.
Definately my new hotel of choice in the bay area.

Room Tip: Second floor, King Single was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you with us! I really enjoy the hotel size for our ability to have large groups. The outside patio and pool area is perfect for BBQ's, I am glad you enjoyed the ribs! We hope to see you again, and on behalf of myself and the hotel staff, thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Maple Tree Inn was more than accommodating 95 people for two weeks from my company. They made it simple to arrange and gave us more than expected with the free drink happy hour and Thursday Night Ribs. The rooms were always tended to and the location of the hotel was within walking distance to numerous restaurants and grocery stores. I would use this establishment again if I have to put together another large off site business trip.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank LandmineUSMC
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

We really enjoyed having your group with us, especially fun around the pool enjoying BBQ ribs! The pool terrace is such a nice venue for gatherings! I am glad you found the accommodations just right and all the close by amenities convenient. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Sunnyvale.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

A lovely property. Fabulous breakfast, comfortable rooms and pleasant staff---at least at check-out. The guy was kinda grumpy when we checked in. Lectured me about booking online!! Unfortunately, there isn't a decent, reasonable late-night place to eat within walking distance....after driving for 14hrs, we just didn't feel like getting back into the car to get to a restaurant but had no choice. The bathroom was a bit of a snug fit though. It's a shame that this isn't a chain; they'd have my business. Was impressed to learn that they have an evening Social; sorry that we weren't there long enough to join in. Really really impressed with this facility and would absolutely recommend it.

Room Tip: Be sure to PHONE the hotel after making your online booking to ensure that they have the type of roo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 486Marilyn
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

I just spent a few days in Vancouver, my hometown, not too long ago. I definitely thought it was my year to win the PNE home, sadly it wasn't. I am glad you found us on the Internet, but sad to hear our staff seemed grumpy. It is good for all of us to get feedback, it is a good training point, thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Ten colleagues and I stayed at the Maple Tree Inn on a recent trip to the Bay Area. We weren't at the hotel very long (late check-in and early check out), but from we did see the facilities were nice. I was in a renovated room, which was clean, comfortable, and fairly spacious. There is free WiFi, which was nice. The buffet breakfast was really good with all sorts of options from fresh waffles (you make them yourself) to bagels, donuts, pastries, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, cereals, etc... There was definitely options for everyone. They also have some sort of cocktail hour with free beer and wine in the evening, which we heard about, but were unable to attend.

1  Thank CtheGlobe77

I appreciate that you took time to write a review. It sounds like your group had a great stay and I am happy we were able to meet your needs. We are glad that our renovated rooms are getting positive feedback! Come again when you are in the area, we would love to see you.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was in the Bay Area on business and stayed here for about 9 days.

Clean and nicely fitted rooms (the renovated ones), very friendly and helpful staff, has all the basic amenities needed for a business traveller.

Right on El Camino, surrounded by food options. Could have been nicer if it was closer to the highways I guess.

Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the renovated rooms. Cost about $20 extra but worth it! If traffic noise bother...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thumbs up for the renovated rooms! It is affirming when we hear that they are worth the price. It sounds like we took care of your requests while you were staying with us and if you let us know your preferences we can add it to your guest profile. If we are able to accommodate your requests we certainly take care of them prior to your arrival. Hope to see you the next time you have business in Sunnyvale.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I stayed in this hotel and fully enjoyed the breakfast service. There are many selecion of food choices including miso soup, rice and the waffle were excellent. The breakfast service opens as early as 5:30 am in the morning and stays opened to accommondate all different type of guests. The ladies who work there always refill the food whenever they run low.
The pool and jaccuzi were clean and nice. The location is good to go out to many different places to eat within walking distance.

Room Tip: stay on first floor and love it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Breakfast is an important meal and we are always looking for ways to make it interesting and enjoyable. We have a special "Maple" bar made specifically for the hotel, I hope you were able to try it, they usually go fairly quickly. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

this hotel is very comfortable, cozy and the service is very good. deferentially a good option for business trip in this area. the rooms are comfortable and clean, the internet works pretty good, there's a conference room, etc. The hotel offers everything you need for such purpose.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Having facilities that suit the needs of our guests is important to us. It is nice to know you were able to take advantage of all that the hotel has to offer. One of the things that I enjoy about the hotel is that there are guests from all over the world that stay with us, coming from Israel is a long journey, and being comfortable while your with us is our goal. Hope you can stay with us again!