Maple Tree Inn
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$205
$127
$149
QualityInn
Courtyard Sunnyvale Mountain View(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$299
Courtyard
  • Pool
The Grand Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$253
$227
Hotels.com
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$199
The Domain Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$199
Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$284
$241
Staybridge.com
$185
ExtendedStay
$209
$188
Priceline
Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$280
Orbitz.com
All reviewsel caminoricewafflesamerican breakfasthappy hoursausagewalk in showerrooms were very cleanfree parkingevery morninghot tubfree breakfastsilicon valleya great place to staynice pooldefinitely stay here againconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hotel does not have working air conditioning...

The common areas feel like a sauna.

It was extremely humid and hot, just walking from elevator to room was disgusting.

In room air conditioners do not really cool down the entire room, it is not ideal considering the weather recently…

Room Tip: Ask for one with good AC
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank fly0nthewall
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

I would like to extend a heartfelt apology for your experience during your stay. We are committed to providing a quality experience for all our guests and it is obvious that we were not successful in your case. We did have to replace two roof top fans that circulate the air in the corridors, unfortunately they went down one after the other and this did cause some stuffiness in the hallways.
Thank you for bringing the dysfunction of your room air conditioner to our attention. I hope you give us another opportunity to succeed if you find yourself in Sunnyvale.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Not the fanciest of hotels but the staff is courteous, the rooms are clean and well equipped, The beds are comfortable, breakfast and the internet are complimentary. The pool is great after a day at the office and it really is within easy commute to most places I work.

All in all the hotel is excellent value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BarBarYPartRIdGe

Thank you for your review, we love to hear from everyone! During the warm months it is great to see how many of our guests use the pool and courtyard. Many evenings we take our hospitality hour outside and it is a very fun and relaxing atmosphere. Stop by and say hello the next time you come to the hotel, it would be a pleasure to meet you.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here after reading the great reviews online. At check-in our we were told by Edgar they did not have our reservation. I reserved a 2 queen bed room (for 2 adults and 3 children). I was told they don't have anything available except a king bed. (5 of us in one bed) My 6 yr old asked if she had to sleep on the floor. (REALLY ?) I refused the room and was told there is nothing else unless I want to change rooms each night. My wife walked out and I followed her to the parking lot to calm her down. When I came back in the desk employee was on the phone talking to a supervisor. I could hear the supervisor asking "How did they get that rate?" ($155 night) like that was a good rate. I was NEVER given a chance to talk to the person on the phone. I ended up with a so called "suite" in room 244 with a paper thin couch bed mattress, pillows or cases that smelled like sweat or mold. Obviously management of this place has not stayed in these rooms here. We got shut down 15 minutes before closing in the buffet because the employees were closing everything up. I honestly don't like writing this stuff but we were treated wrong with no attempt to correct the problem from ANYONE in management.

Room Tip: If you get room 244 you are going to get hosed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dougoso
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

I would like to sincerely apologize to you and your family. As difficult as it is to write a bad review, your experience must have been disturbing for you to take this action. Of course it is hard to read that someone who stayed with us was so unsatisfied. We pride ourselves in exceeding our guests expectations and it is obvious that we fell short with regard to your reservation, and how we handled the situation once you arrived at the hotel.
I was under the impression that you were satisfied with the resolution, which is a lesson to me to do my own follow up.
We have learned some valuable lessons from this situation and plan to make some procedural changes as a result.
It is my hope that you give us another opportunity to succeed.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have stayed here about 2X a year for the past 4 years and it just keeps getting better. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The staff is quite accommodating, efficient and helpful.
The morning breakfast is the best, with something for everyone. The hosted social early evening is pleasant and a nice way to visit with friends. We also enjoyed a couple of impromptu pool parties with friends in the evening. I also enjoy the fact that pets are welcome. Not many facilities allow pets, unless they are service animals. The Inn is close to many services and in a very nice location. I don't hesitate recommending it at all.

Room Tip: Any room is excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ginny M
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

I am so happy to hear that you have seen the improvements we have been making over the time you have been coming to the Maple Tree! Listening to the needs of our guests is one of the most helpful ways for us when making changes. We are proud of our renovated rooms and are always looking for suggestions to improve our breakfast and hospitality hour. So many people are comforted by the company of their dogs, we are glad to be able to accommodate them also. Stop by to say hello the next time you're at the hotel.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and stores. Lots of free parking. Lobby was inviting and front desk representative, Raoul, was friendly and accommodating. Loved the fresh flower arrangement at the entry and fresh apples available to hotel guests. Renovated room was nicely appointed including contemporary bathroom, flat screen tv, furniture and linens. Could use a few more lamps or overhead lighting. Beds were very comfortable. Appreciated the complimentary breakfast buffet, especially the fresh fruit, waffle makers, egg omelettes, hard boiled eggs, miso soup, rice, and takuan! Scrambled egg patties could use some improvement. Fresh flowers at every table was a nice touch. Pritzana and Andrea did a great job making sure the breakfast buffet was clean and well stocked. Enjoyed seeing the two cockatiels, Maple and Romeo in the lobby. Small desk area equipped with a computer and printer provided added convenience. Pool area was well maintained with plenty of lounge chairs and a few umbrella tables. Jacuzzi was being repaired, but we didn't plan on using it anyway. Elevator lobby and hallways on the third floor were uncomfortably hot. Reported this to hotel, so hopefully it's addressed soon. Otherwise,very clean, well maintained mid-priced hotel. Overall a very enjoyable 2-night stay. Also got a good price from Hotels.com. Would recommend both Maple Tree Inn and Hotels.com to others!

Room Tip: Recommend the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank L M
Barbara P, General Manager at Maple Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

It was great speaking with you the other day. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and the time you took to make the connection with me. Your points were well taken, we were in the middle of a heat wave when our fans broke down, this has been resolved so the hallways are back to normal! I hope we meet on your next visit to Sunnyvale. Mahalo nui loa