“Fantastic!!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My son and I recently had to go to the area for a graduation. I found this hotel online and the reviews seemed good. We only stayed one night but we were very impressed. We got one of the rooms that had the separate living area with a couch bed and a queen in the bedroom. The room was beautiful with wood french doors and a great desk for laptops. There was a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was very clean and pretty. The bed was very comfortable. Check in was easy and the desk clerk was very nice. It has a great lobby with a fireplace and books to read, and a cool little bar. We had the complimentary breakfast the next morning and it was very good with eggs, potatoes, sausage, waffles, muffins, hot and cold cereal and more. It is tucked out of the way in a business district, but we had a car so we were fine. The price of the room was VERY good especially considering what you got. I would stay here again if I needed to be in the San Jose area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank pirategirl27
An M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear pirategirl27,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Sunnyvale for your visit in the area. After carefully reviewing your detail feedback regarding our guestroom and all amenities inside, the complimentary buffet breakfast as well as our wonderful hotel staff services, we are very happy to know that your overall experience with us was very pleasant. Knowing that you will come back with us makes all our hard works paid off.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stay here frequently for business. The rooms are clean and the staff accommodating. It is close to the freeway but in a business park so you definitely need a car if you want to do anything not business related. The hotel runs a shuttle but only for airport and business runs. The gym is small but everything works: two treadmills, exercise bike, stairclimber and free weights. They have one washer and dryer which has been out of service during some of my stays. Can't say great things about the breakfast - it's just ok. I get a corporate rate which makes it a good deal for the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank THR360
An M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear THR360,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson for your frequent business trip in the area. We are very happy to know that you have stayed with us many times before. We here have always tried our best to provide the best possible hotel serives and facilities to accommodate all guests' needs such as our complimentary buffet breakfast, our Fitness Center and complimentary shuttle for certain hours and locations.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we are really looking forward to seeing you again soon! Hopefully your next stay with us will be as pleasant as possible.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed in the country inn located in Sunnyvale California. The location is awesome. Close to the major it offices with no traffic. Close to the highway. Super quiet at night. The people who work there are awesome. Greeting me in passing with a friendly hello. My room was spotless. Fresh cold water with fruit is always available as is coffee and moist yummy cookies. It's like all the comforts of home only better.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Andy M

Dear Andy M,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson for your visit in the area. Seeing all your positive detail description about our hotel services and facilities such as our quiet guestroom, hotel staff team as well as our 24/7 coffee and water station makes all our hard works paid off. We are very happy to have you with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was very impressed with this Hotel. My son and I went down this past weekend for an event for him and everything was great.

I'll start at the beginning. The hotel IS located in a business park. At first you think you took a wrong turn but keep on truckin' your in the right spot. I really liked this location. It promotes a nice sense of security. There are TONS of places to eat down the street on the Lawrence Express Way (I think that's the name of it). You just have to drive about 3 minutes.

The Lobby is beautiful. It has a great open foyer which leads you to a large sitting area complete with free books and a bar area which is manned Sunday through Friday. They offer free coffee, fresh cookies and cucumber water in the lobby 24/7. They have a cute little "emergency" store that is also open 24/7 which offers a variety of items including toiletries, drinks, snacks and beer. They allow you to charge those items to your room so if you dont have cash you dont have to worry.

I guess my only complaint would be that they dont have a spa. The pool is smaller than most but they make up for those issues by having a very large seperate patio for smokers which (being a smoker) I appreciated. I was able to smoke and enjoy myself while not bugging non-smokers or being around children.

They offer free breakfast. It's nice but could be a tad more impressive. Better than some fruit and standard muffins. They offer eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, cereal and much more but they dont offer things like hard boiled eggs or cottage cheese. They could add some more upscale items to the menu. They have a diner on site (with hefty prices) so they dont offer an information book in the room showing where else to eat - we did a simple internet search using our location and found several places so no big deal. I would love it if management would consider offering trays for people to take food back to thier room - this is something that I've only seen once and it's brilliant. The weekend we stayed there was a baseball club staying as well - this meant that there were about 50 people trying to get breakfast at once. I am always amazed by the amount of people who dont know how a buffet line works - people going in and out from both ends of the line makes for very slow food serving. I suggest some nice looking signs showing where the line starts.

The rooms were great. They featured nice thick blankets, down pillows and they have 2 extra pillows and extra blankets in the room incase you want them so you dont have to call housekeeping. The decor is simple and modern with tasteful black and whites on the walls.

I loved the customer service here. After we had been in our room about 15 minutes we got a call asking if the room was to our satisfaction. Each time we saw an employee in the lobby or hallways they asked us how our stay was and if we needed anything.

This hotel was great. Beautiful property, beautiful location, great rooms, comfy beds and excellent service. I would stay again for sure and probably wont even look around for other options. Highly recommended.

Oh - I do have to say one more thing - not a deal breaker but kind of comical - this hotel has the SLOWEST elevators I have ever encountered.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank iansgal51510

Dear iansgal51510,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson for your last weekend visit in the area. We are very thrilled to see such positive detail feedback from you on our all hotel services and facilites from the exterior hotel apperance to the guestroom, complimentary buffet breakfast and customer services. We here have always tried our best to accommodate all guest's needs and knowing that your overall experience with us was very pleasant makes all our hard work paid off.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

If you love San Francisco but not its prices AND you have a rental car AND you have things to do away from the city then this is the perfect solution. The quality of this hotel and its price is way way better than anything you will find in San Francisco. Beautiful clean room. Fantastic full breakfast. Cookies and coffee/tea in reception. Free parking and tons of it. Microwave and Fridge in the room. The weekend price was excellent as this area is surrounded by high tech companies and no one is there on the weekend. I mean dead. I think I am right in saying the room prices jump in the week and this might not be a good option for a non-business visitor. But if your boss is paying, then who cares, this is still a good place to stay. Oh and key point - my wife loved it. She notices dirt and I don't. We left for Yosemite and this was a case of getting right on the freeway and going. Much easier than San Francisco.

Room Tip: I suspect they are all good. One side kind of faces the freeway (237) so you might ask to avoid tha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
An M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear PeterPakChong,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson in Sunnyvale, CA for your last visit in the area. We are very happy for all your wonderful detail comments about our overall hotel as well as the guestroom, 24/7 coffee station and complimentary full hot buffet breakfast. We have always been working hard to provide guests the best possible hotel services/facilites to accommodate all guests' needs and knowing your your experience with us was very pleasant makes all our hard works paid off.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel is situated in a nice area surrounded by trees and walking distance to a park. Free fast WIFI and free outdoor parking which is great especially if you have a van. Our room window looked out to a roof so it was not exactly a great view. There is a microwave and a refridgerator in the room. However, the refridgerator is more like a cooler. In other words, it doesn't really get cold...just cool.

What I am excited about is their wonderful breakfast. Everybody showed up for breakfast. The dining room was packed. I will list what I had for breakfast. In a bowl I had hot oatmeal with raisins and craisins and a fresh banana, On a separate plate I had scrambled eggs, tater tots, mixed fruit, and hot off the griddle waffles topped with peanut butter. Since I do not drink milk, I had half of a small glass of guava juice. I also had a cup of hot herbal tea. There are other foods/drinks that I skipped such as sausages, bread, muffins, cold cereal, apples, oranges, coffee, milk, orange juice, cranberry juice, etc. My breakfast lasted me 8 hours!!

Room Tip: Don't get a room too close to the ice machine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
An M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear baldeagle7777,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson for your last visit in the area. We are very thrilled to see such positive feedback about our High Speed Internet as well as the amenity of microwave and mini refrigerator in each guest room. I also want to thank you for all your kind comment about our complimentary buffet breakfast. We have always tried our best to provide a variety of breakfast items to accommodate all guests' needs.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This property is located at the end of a cul-de-sac and not located near any services, restaurants, etc. You will need a car. They have a small but well-stocked gift shop area, snacks, medicines. Rooms are small, no patio, but have refrigerator and microwave, hair dryer, ironing board. The bed is comfortable. They also have a small bar area and pool. Hot breakfast is included.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Ralph R,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson on your last visit to the area. We are thrilled to hear positive feedback about our Inn Case Market that offers a variety of snacks as well as beverages 24 hours. I also was pleased to see that you enjoyed the amenities of having a microwave, fridge, iron board and hair dryer which are available in all of our guests' rooms. We offer a complimentary breakfast buffet that has a wide variety of hot and cold options to try to meet all of our guests' needs.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Brandie Breece