“Nice and very professional hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Friday and since it is in a business park, it was takes on a desolate feel and is extremely quiet in the evening. Free parking around the hotel. The hotel is very clean and staff very processional and helpful. The standard room was fairly large and I received a call after check in inquiring if the room was OK. Only drawback was no food service in the hotel on Fridays and Saturdays and if was difficult to find decent restaurants nearby the hotel.

Room Tip: Should be quiet throughout the hotel in the evenings.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie S, Guest Service Agent at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback of your recent stay at our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, including the location, rooms, and staff. I am sorry for any inconveniences that the restaurant being closed may have caused you. It is always our pleasure here at the front desk to recommend local restaurants as well as print out directions if you need them. We hope to see you back again during your next trip to the area. Have a great day!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for close to two weeks on a business trip to Sunnyvale. I had a very pleasant stay. This hotel is located inside a business park and gets really quiet by evening which is nice. Rooms are spacious and clean, and are serviced everyday. Hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast has a good spread everyday. The only let down was the Fountain Bar and Grill restaurant, but that isn't a problem as there are so many good restaurants within a few miles.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie S, Guest Service Agent at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for commenting on your recent business trip to our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is great to see all of te positive comments that you have shared with us. I am sorry for any inconvenience that the Fountain Bar & Grill may have caused you as it is open Sunday through Thursday nights for dinner from 5pm-10pm. We hope this does not impact your decision to return to our property. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I came to this hotel because I was looking for housing for graduate school. The hotel is located in a business park and near the 237 Hwy. Me and family arrived prior to the designated check-in time and was able to get our room keys. Our room was located on the south side of the hotel where the hwy was located. Once we entered our room we found it to be clean and tidy. Our room included a microwave and mini fridge. At night it is very quiet and could not hear any traffic. For example, we turned in for the night (around 9 pm) there was about 3-4 for other cars in parking area next to our room. When we woke up the next day that number quadrupled. I did not hear a thing and I am light sleeper. The next morning we took our showers (no issue with the water warmth nor the water pressure) and attended the complementary breakfast. The breakfast had a good variety, fresh fruit, cereal, bread, meat, and waffles. When an item ran out, fresh and sometimes new items were provided (i.e. hash browns, home fries, tatter tots, etc.) When we left that day, check-out was a breeze. The staff was amazing. Everyone was kind and courteous. Especially the gentleman who checked us in, who I later found out was the Assistant Front Office Manager. I could tell he took pride in his job and willing to help to the best of his ability. During our breakfast he asked how was our stay and was also helping to clean the dinning room tables. Very rare to find someone who is this dedicated to their job. Kudos!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello Courtney!

Thank you so much for all of your kind words about your recent stay at our property! I am excited to hear all of the positive comments that you have shared. It is always a pleasure to hear such detailed feedback about our serivce and amenities. On behalf of the entire staff, I would just like to thank you for completing our hotel survey as well as commenting on multiple social media sites. It is comments like yours that shows that our work is paying off. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We booked a weekend stay at this property for the first time in Aug. 2013. This was for a leisure trip. The hotel is nicely decorated, our room was clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. There was also a hot buffet breakfast included with our stay. The hotel is located near Lawrence Expressway just off the highway. Overall, a good value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Deidre,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at our property. I am delighted to hear all of the positive comments that you shared with us. It is great to see that you enjoyed the different aspects of our hotel, including the location. I hope to see you back during your next trip to the area! Have a great day!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip where I had business in Mountain View and Oakland. The experience was great from check-in to check-out mostly made possible by the staff that was very helpful. The breakfast was hot and one of the better free breakfasts at a hotel of this class. The workout room was great and the hotel is next to Baylands Park which was a great spot to get in a quick 3 mile run off of the city streets. The location was right off the highway with good access to the East Bay in the morning and to not too far to Mountain View and Palo Alto for dinner. Overall a great experience and would highly recommend this for a business trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie S, Guest Service Agent at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our property. I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful experience and were able to utilize some of the amenities that we have to offer. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the convenient location and were able to visit Baylands Park across the street from us. We hope to see you back again during your next business trip to the area. Have a fabulous day!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Checked in and turn over bedding covers, the sheets seemed soiled and there was a shoe mark on the sheets. A closer look I discovered a small round bug under the sheets, although it appeared to be dead. I called front desk and they stated that they would get another room for me. After a few minutes, a staff member came to my room in which I showed the sheets and saved the bug for her to view. She apologized and gave me keys to a new room. In the new room, the refrigerator was broken, maintenance did replaced the fridge within minutes. This was my third visit to this hotel, staff has greatly improved since my last visit, however, you would think that the hotel would have offered something for the bug/soiled sheet incident.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank debmata
John H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We are very sorry to hear of your concern, and want to assure you that this is not a typical experience. Our greatest priority is your comfort, and the quality of our rooms and service we deliver. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn more details and hopefully address this quickly and effectively. On a brighter note, I do hope you had the opportunity to enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning, along with the high speed wifi throughout our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again, the next time your travels bring you to the Sunnyvale area!

John Holmes
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here on a recent vacation to San Francisco, Monterey and Yosemite. Since it was outside of San Francisco, it was more reasonably priced and only a 45-60 min. drive into the city so we saved in the hotel room charges. Every day, the breakfast was excellent. They always had fresh orange infused water, cookies, coffee and tea available in the lobby. The staff was very helpful with how to get around and where to go. I gave the location 4 stars because it is outside of SF but that was our choice. It's in a quiet corporate park. It has a pool and a bar/restaurant if you don't want to drive. We would definitely stay there again. I can't think of anything negative. We often stay at Country Inn & Suites because we like the free, hearty breakfast to get your day started.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol C
Stephanie S, Guest Service Agent at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the Country Inn and Suites, Sunnyvale. I am so happy to hear all of the positive comments that you shared. It is great to hear that you enjoyed all of our complimentary amenities that we offer, as well as the helpfulness of our staff. We hope you return during your next trip to the area!