“Hidden Oasis in Sunnyvale”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
SF
“Hidden Oasis in Sunnyvale”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel has great weekend rates at a quiet location in a Business Park. The location right off the Lawrence Expwy is ideal for stays in the Silicon Valley. It is easy to find and the tree lined lot and large fountain at the entrance are a nice extra. The rooms are quite large, very clean and the beds very comfortable. The staff was very nice and helpful. A car is necessary to take advantage of this location but it is within easy driving distance of the SJ airport, Mountain View, Santa Clara, etc.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Delavan, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were fortunate to stay here while visiting familty in Sunnyvale! We had the king suit with the aarp rate. We arrived around 2am from nothern California. The staff was courteous and the room(s) was a welcome site. It was quiet and comfortable. It had french doors separating the sitting area from the bedroom area. Perfect for me to do my computer "stuff" while my husband was sleeping or watching tv.

With a breakfast in the morning, my husband was ecstatic! I loved the stay!

Sandy S.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet area and were placed on the lower floor. It was quiet. We will recommend my h...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandra S
John H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Sandra S.,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are ecstatic to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient for visiting your family in the area. it is also wonderful to see that our King Suite layout and size met your needs during your stay. Our focus is on guest satisfaction and this has made our day. We hope to see you again the next time you visit family in Sunnyvale!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I needed a cheap hotel in the Sunnyvale area so took a gamble on Hotwire, and was thrilled when I got this hotel, as I have stayed here before after booking direct.

The hotel is in the middle of a business park, which is unusual, but it is well-signposted, and has excellent links to the freeway. Note that a car is probably almost essential -- I'm not sure that there's anywhere to eat within walking distance, although the hotel does have its own restaurant.

Checkin was friendly although the assistant seemed to turn down the charm a little when she saw it was a Hotwire reservation, which was slightly disappointing. The room was a decent size with a king bed. Air conditioning was not the usual window-type, but a proper plumbed in system, which made it a lot quieter than the window-fitted units. The room was spotlessly clean.

Despite being surrounded by other guests, the room was very quiet -- no noise from the rooms to either side, or from above. My room faced out over the pool area, which did provide some noise, but they closed the pool around 11pm, which was good. There was a loud party downstairs on one of the nights I was staying, but there was no noise intrusion into the room, and the only effect on my stay was that the car park got rather full.

The hotel had a large sign in the lobby proclaiming it had fiber internet -- of course, this is only a technology, not a guarantee of speed, but given that they were shouting about it, I was expecting a good connection. However, while the wifi signal was strong, the speed was extremely poor -- downloading a 120mb file took over two hours. This was a shame given the location in Silicon Valley.

Overall, a very good stay and I will use the hotel again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Alexis B.,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response of your stay. We believe responses such as this provide the best information to all guests when searching online. It is wonderful to hear that your room provided such a quiet environment for you during your visit with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are our priorities! However, I did notice your concern regarding the unfortunate delay you experienced while downloading a file. I am concerned as our internet upgrade should be providing much higher download and upload speeds than the past system. I sincerely hope this did not negatively affect your stay with us. If you have an extra moment please feel free to contact us directly so that we may look further into this matter. Once again, we thank you for your response and hope to see you again here in Sunnyvale, CA!
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed July 15, 2012

In Silicon valley this is a good value hotel. I stayed there for 5 days only because it was next to the
Cyberknife HQ where I was visiting. Good place but no luxury.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Anjum01,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. It is always wonderful having guests provided feedback regarding their stays. We are very happy to see that you found our proximity to Ciberknife HQ as an asset for your stay. If we can be of any additional service please feel free to contact us directly at any time. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Sunnyvale area!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had to go up to Silicon Valley for an awards banquet on a weekend. With the banquet at Stanford and good friends in Santa Clara, we chose Sunnyvale as the place to stay. We like the Country Inn brand, and when I saw the price for the two weekend nights, I looked no further. All their hotels are non-smoking, which is a deal-maker for us. The location is in an industrial complex which makes it nice and quiet. It is very close to two major freeways, across from a park, and is beautiful on the outside with a lovely fountain at the entrance.

The room was large and comfortable, and the bed was great. There were a few small flaws - open hole from a screw, for instance, here and there, but not at all bothersome. The staff was very nice, and the breakfast (included) featured hot foods, real cutlery and plates (no paper here), and was very plentiful. Even the breakfast room was upscale. There were coffee, tea, cookies and hot chocolate always available in the lobby.

The only drawback of the weekend was that the bar was not open. I know that if I needed to stay during the week, and the rate was a little higher, it would be fine. This was a VERY comfortable hotel. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank erklein
Dear Erklein,

Thank you for your very kind remarks about our property. I am thrilled to see that you are a loyal guest with the Carlson Rezidor hotel lines. It is also wonderful to see that you enjoyed our large rooms, complimentart breakfast buffet, and the complimentary amenities in the lobby. Having loyal guests such as yourself brings much pride to our staff. If we can be of any further service please feel free to contact us directly at any time!
Austin
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Wouldn't be up at 6am writing this review if not for the uncomfortable bed and scratchy linens, and I can usually fall asleep anywhere, including on the plane. The wifi was so slow that we ended up using 4G on our phones. Don't stay if wi-fi is important to you. I booked this hotel seeing the great reviews, and I am regretting my decision.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank stardream
, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Stardream,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. All feedback is welcome as it helps us in finding areas that are doing well as well as areas that we may need to improve upon. I would like to apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. However, I am very grateful that we had the chance to address the issue with you via email and I sincerely hope the matter was addressed to your satisfaction. If you have any additional questions or comments or if I can be of any further service please feel free to contact us directly and we will be more than happy to serve you.
Oakland
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a nice property that's short of luxurious. Has a full hot breakfast and free wifi which are great amenities. Not much around so you need a car. I think they have a shuttle within 5 miles. The staff is very friendly as well. Recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind reviews. Our staff will be excited to see that their hard work has paid off. It's great to see that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast buffet as well as our free high speed wireless internet access. If we can be of any additional service please feel free to contact us directly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
The Grand Hotel
#2 of 32 in Santa Clara
Maple Tree Inn
Maple Tree Inn
#6 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!