“stayed there 2x for work, and both times crap”
Review of Sheraton Sunnyvale

Sheraton Sunnyvale
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed September 24, 2013

no / poor internet!

poor lighting in room.

no elevator.

spread out location (rooms are not all under one main building)

Asked the front desk not to clean my room since i'd be working. i went out for some coffee, and when i returned, housekeeping has already started on my room.

front desk lack of knowledgeable about area (you should really know where the nearest coffee shop).

nothing to eat if you check in after 11p. no cuppa noodles- nothing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The good:

This hotel has pretty good room service. The attached restaurant, Faz, has pretty good options. The room service was fast! It was tasty. Worth the money!

The hotel was good about allowing delivery drivers through to my room. Though each room is in a locked corridor, the front desk would allow them to deliver my Chinese food direct to my door. This is a pet peeve at many hotels that make you come down to the front desk to meet delivery drivers. Not so, at this hotel!

The location is great. The hotel is right of 237. It's right near some key business, like Yahoo, Juniper, etc. If you are working or visiting any of these businesses, then this hotel makes it super easy to get there in the morning. No nasty highway traffic to contend with.

The front desk people were very friendly. They welcomed me when I arrived. They apologized for my (short) wait upon checkin. They were very helpful.

The not so good:

The room was basic. It didn't have enough power outlets. I had to pull the bed away from the wall to plug in my laptop when in bed. Again, this is a pet peeve. We need outlets by the beds.

My room smelled...old. I don't know how else to describe it. It wasn't really musty, just old. Like my grandmother's house. I can't say that every room smells that way. I have only visited this hotel once.

The final word:

I would stay again if the price was right. It's not a bad hotel. It's not a great hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is broken into several buildings, encircling a pool. If you want a poolside room, be sure...
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Can't recommend a >$300 hotel that doesn't provide free high-speed internet service - especially one that styles itself as a hotel for the business traveler. Even after paying the extra $10 for Internet, it was flaky and slow. Complained to the front desk, and the clerk said "I know, corporate makes us do that, and the service is slow, anyway."

No breakfast, either, buck-o!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Karl W, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time ro post a review. I apologize for the internet issues you encountered - as you may have seen on previous responses I've posted, we are working with our provider to improve wireless access throughout the property, and hope to have it completed soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for any business traveller in Sunnyvale. If I were staying with my family for vacation, I would choose other cheaper alternatives but as a business hotel, the Sheraton does its job very well.

Lets start with location...it is right next to 101 and 237, two freeways that connects you to anywhere in the Valley. It is right off Mathilda, and you can have access to Hobees (great breakfast place) nearby, laundry place (off Maude) and shopping at nearby downtown Sunnyvale.

Service is always prompt and cheerful. Rooms are good-sized, clean and beds are really comfortable with plush pillows.

I also like the Starbucks coffee packs provided for free so you can brew your own in your room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Karl W, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate your taking the time - our location is just about perfect for getting around the Silicon Valley easily, and I'm pleased that you enjoyed our amenities and service. See you on your next trip!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Standard Sheraton. Awesome bed/pillows. Best sleep I've had on the road in a long time. Only quibble is that the Internet was flaky the entire week. Front desk said that they knew about the problem and were trying to change providers.

Room Tip: Inside king rooms are the way to go.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your comments, we appreciate the feedback. We are working with our internet provider to upgrade our wireless service throughout the property - we are hopeful that this can be completed by the end of this year. We look forward to serving you on your next visit!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Dear fellow travelers,

The room was great with clean white bedding and bed sheet. Bathroom was clean and had wonderful fluffy towels. There was a closet in the room near the door, across from the bathroom. The closet was well designed and had good looking features. The desk was fabulous, great looking furniture! I loved the comfy sitting chair in the room by the bed. Air conditioning worked beautifully.

The only bad thing I did not like is the pool was very dirty. It had leaves floating all over. It was not just like leaves around the edges or at one / two corners, but tiny leaves and some bugs were floating ALL OVER in the pool. This was after check in time around 3/ 4 pm in the afternoon. I wonder why no staff care to clean it.

There was a fitness center/room with nice features on the treadmill. (treadmill had its own little screen for TV).
The bed was very comfortable! The nice and clean bedding also made sleep quality excellent!

Staff was ok. Liked the room, except for the very dirty pool

Room Tip: they charge extra for room with window facing the pool, other wise they give you room facing the roa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel - I'm glad you enjoyed your visit!

While it's great to have such a beautiful outdoor pool setting, unfortunately sometimes the wind and the weather works against us - we do clean the pool on a daily basis, but we obviously missed the mark late in the day. I've reviewed the pool schedule wih our team to ensure we're on top of it going forward.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Good hotel. Nothing spectacular. The kids liked the pool and hot tub. No elevator to the second floor that I could find. Kind of pricey but I guess that the going rate in the bay area. We just mostly slept there and did not stay at the hotel very much.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Karl W, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I apprecaiae your taking the time to post your review - we're glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!