“Nice grounds” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Sunnyvale
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
“Nice grounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

The location was great I stayed with netapp group and I can say that they picked the right hotel. Everyone's friendly especially sunshine who gave a ride to cvs then dropped me off to netapp bldg. She was so cheerful and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Indonesian first
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

My first stay at this hotel in July 2010 was uneventful. I stayed there with my dog to go to an agiity trial. I had a quiet room and had no problem dining with my dog on the outdoor terrace.
I had a completely different experience this past July. My dog was no longer welcome to eat with me on the terrace,..the woman who checked me in did not advise. The hotel was also noisy with a loud wedding the second night of my stay. When I checked into the hotel, I specifically asked whether there would be a wedding at the hotel that weekend and was told no. My husband and I were disturbed by pounding noise at 9:00 pm and had to change rooms. I had to get up at 5:00 am the next morning and was very angry.
The front desk staff was indifferent to our platinum status and did little to make us comfortable with the exception of a front desk staffer named DeShawn.
I had other problems, including the ease of using a 15% discount coupon for the restaurant. We would not stay here again.
I spoke with Starwood after our stay. The hotel was unappologetic and offered us no compensation for our poor experience. Starwood reimbursed us for the points we used for the first night of the stay.

Room Tip: If noise is an issue, do not stay in the rooms near the restaurant. This is the building with the cl...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sue B

Travelers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

This is a perfectly suitable business hotel. Hard for me to comment on the location, because I'm not all that familiar with the area. However, it was convenient for my purposes. Two-night stay for business.

The property is a little unusual in that there are 3-4 2-story buildings arranged around a central courtyard with a pool. Note that there is no elevator to the 2nd floor, so if you have a need for that be sure to coordinate in advance. My room was in the 500 building near the restaurant. Nice sized room with a big bathroom. Standard Sheraton furnishings and the room in general were all in good condition. Towels and bedding were all fine. The shower faucet was a little odd, but worked perfectly once I figured it out. Standard Speakman showerhead.

The Club Lounge is in the main building, and they offered a pretty spartan continental breakfast. Gym was pretty small; all treadmills were occupied so I can't comment on the conditions. I went for a run on the local streets with enough sidewalk for a 3 mile round-trip route (at least). This is all office/industrial, so it may not feel too secure after dark.

Had one room-service meal from Faz. I ordered simple (burger) but it was good and service was, too.

They offer a local shuttle to a 5-mile radius. However, a large group had blocked the shuttle from 6-8 a.m. during my visit. You may want to coordinate in advance if you're planning to go car-less.

I would stay here again without hesitation if I return to the area.

Room Tip: Specify Floor 1 if you can't use stairs.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I consider stays here the price of balancing my corporate travel policy with my desire to maintain SPG status. The hotel is clean enough, and the staff is generally helpful, but this is not the best that Sheraton has to offer.

No Comment:
The restaurant. I did not eat at Faz, though it gets decent reviews on Yelp!, and is nicely designed.

Pros:
Great housekeeping staff
Pool area looks clean (did not use it)
Convenient location
Helpful staff

Cons:
A bit shopworn, especially the carpets
Limited food options within walking distance
And finally:

The commodes are just . . . odd. They are the Caroma dual-flush models. I suppose they are good for water conservation in the home, but in a commercial setting, they're less than adequate. Also, what's up with not springing for the elongated bowl? I mean, really -- should anyone have to put up with these tiny, strange contraptions?

So, this is a decent option if you're a Starwood member, but you will probably not be wowed.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Property is clean and conveniently located. Amenities and grounds are outstanding. The front desk personnel - and particularly Mr. Randy Estrada were especially helpful and accommodating. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

This was my first trip to the Sheraton Sunnyvale and overall this is an amazing hotel. JR and Dante were amazing at the front desk. They were very nice during the check-out process and were very helpful. The room size was amazing. The only problem I had was the computers in the business center. I was unable to login to msg messenger, due to the fact that this program was not able to load on the computer. Other than that this hotel was great and I will be back soon.

Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Stayed here in Jan 2007 for a business trip, and the hotel was clean and service was great. Things have only gotten better, as a full renovation in 2007 has resulted in even more stylish furnishings.

This time around, mine was a clean, spacious, nicely appointed deluxe King room (first floor, facing the pool/garden). Seemed larger than most King rooms I've stayed in lately, and had a nice high-back chair and clean business desk with phone and wired (or wireless internet (which ended up being the only downside of the hotel....internet is $9.95/24hrs, which I would have preferred to see included with the room). The business centre near reception has numerous computers w/webcams and printers which can be used by guests for free.

Front desk staff were very attentive and eager to provide a list of alternative restaurants in the area, although I ended up eating breakfast and dinner at the on-site Faz restaurant every day. Breakfast buffet featured eggs, sausage, french toast/pancakes, fresh fruit, cereal, yogourt...certainly ample for me...though it was a little pricey at $14/person. There were many nice dinner options at Faz, and while they too were a little pricey, the portions were very generous.

The on-site fitness centre was simple but met my needs, with very modern Life Fitness treadmills with built-in TV screens which helped distract from the pain. Stationary bikes and an elliptical also present, and clean towels provided to dab your brow as needed.

I've stayed here before this trip, and would absolutely stay again. Top marks all around, perhaps with the minor exception of the $10/day in-room internet, which is generally offered for free at lesser establishments.

Well done again, Sheraton.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business