“A nice experience”

The Domain Hotel
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at the domain hotel for 3 days for an interview. I came from paris. The service is excellent and employees are very friendly. I specially appreciated the driver Alex who took us to the company where we had our interview. This guy is just awesome, he made us feel confident and made us forget the stress on our way to the interview by telling us various stories about the valley and the way of life there.

Overall it was a very nice experience and I would recommend it for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Alex,

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your kind comments about Alix. He's a guest superstar!

We look forward to serving you in the future,

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business recently. As with many hotels owned by this same company, the hotel has been fully refurbished to a nice level but it is still a 3 star hotel.

A couple of other points.
- The staff is excellent and well trained. They are very responsive to any questions or issues that come up.
- Because of the age of the hotel, it does have some problems and I only had two minor issues - both of which were addressed promptly.
- The workout room has been recently updated and the equipment is all new. I did have a problem with the elliptical working properly which they said that they would check out after told them about it.
- The room does have wooden blinds which have a small crack in them even when closed all the way. But there is a shade behind the blinds which can darken the room entirely. I tell you this because I didn't see the shade at first.
- The shower was good with good water pressure and an expanded shower rod to give more room. One major problem I had was with the water temp. It would be warm when it started and then after 2-3 min would be ice cold for another 2-3 min until it returned to hot/warm. So by the end of my stay I had learned to start the shower way ahead of actually getting in as this happened every day I was there.
- They do have a very small bar/lounge for snacks. It looks like a refurbished room that they made into a bar. It's that small but at least there is something to grab a drink after a long day.
(unlike other hotels in this chain)
- As others have noted, there is a sleep comfort adjustable bed in the room. I had never used one and did not find it particularly comfortable no matter what setting I used.

On the rooms, make sure you don't get a room facing the atrium. They play what is very loud music over the atrium until 10pm and if you are on a top floor (like I was) it is extremely loud. (fortunately they moved me as soon as I noticed this) (Also I don't know why they play this at all. It is overbearing music IMHO even on the first floor)

This hotel is a reasonable value during the week especially if you have a last minute trip to Sunnyvale.

Room Tip: Do not get an Atrium facing room. See review.
1  Thank wine_moose

Dear Wine_Moose,

We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and staff. You have a keen eye when it comes to hotels. We are looking to replace all of our sleep number beds and continue updating areas of the hotel. We currently have plans to renovate our business center and pool area with state of the art furniture and style. Thank you for your business.

We look forward to serving you in the future,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just hosted an event at the Domain Hotel (my third). The experience was excellent. The property is well managed, clean, attractive and conveniently located. The staff is outstanding. I can't wait to return and enjoy a comfortable room and an event that is superbly supported.

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the ground floor because it's close to the large meeting room as well as the...

Dear Bill,

We are so happy you enjoyed our banquet facilities. We try to offer the most up-to-date services and food presentation available. If we can do anything in the future please don't hesitate to reach out to myself or Anna Richards, our Catering and Sales manager!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our room was small but comfortable. The beds were adjustable for firmness. There was an ipod doc but no way to charge an iphone, which I think would be much more useful to most. There were very few amenities. We enjoyed the hot tub and it was fairly empty on a Friday night. We managed to get a rare deal through Expedia but normally would never spend the money on rates they generally are asking (starting around $145). The bathroom was clean but there wasn't anything stellar about the place, not even location, that would make me want to pay their inflated rates. There wasn't internet without an extra fee. The breakfast buffet, restaurant and bar were wildly overpriced. We went next door to eat. Everything about the place was relatively average except some esoteric writing on the wall which apparently was supposed to make me feel zen-ish but really only made me feel sorry for all the people who might pay more for this hotel and realize the only thing special about it is that they painted quotes on the walls. It has modern decor but it isn't spectacularly clean or special. The guys at the front desk were friendly/nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Delancy1,

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We offer many different room types and rates to try to accommodate a wide variety of travelers and base our rates to stay competitive with the market. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will only help us continue to improve our service. I’m aware that you have many options when choosing where to stay while traveling and we thank you for continuing to choose us.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I lived there for two nights. Service is good. I was impressed by its shuttle driver. He is really a nice guy. It was very kind of him to show me the city like a tourist guide. As I was there for interview, he also gave me a lot of helpful suggestion. I will book this hotel next time.

Room Tip: Maybe the higher floor is quite.

Dear Jason,

We are delighted to have you as our guest and look forward to serving you in your future stays in San Jose! Alix was very appreciative of the nice comments!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was the first time I stayed at this hotel although I've been in the area many times for business. The hotel was fine but nothing special or memorable. I had stayed in the Sunnyvale Grand and liked it better for the type of room as well as the breakfasts served. In the Domain, the breakfast was ordinary with so-so service in the dining area. It was adequate and I'd recommend it if you can't get the Grand. The room was clean and acceptable.

I found the front desk staff to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ellessa,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm please you enjoyed your overall stay, however I want to exceed your expectations. If you are coming back to the area please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly and we can accommodate certain breakfast request and or room preference.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed for two nights. The gym was adequate, consisting of some barbells, a bench, two weight machines, two treadmills, an elliptical, a ball, and since mats. I did not try the pool. The bed was comfortable (the kind where you can adjust the firmness) . Parking was convenient outside and in the garage below the hotel. Staff was courteous and upbeat. Ruby was especially helpful, and got me breakfast ti keep in my fridge the night before my early flight since breakfast starts at 6:30.

• Stayed: March 2014
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Solarian,

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and comments about Ruby. The Team and I look forward to seeing you again at the Domain Hotel and exceeding your expectations to 5 star status!

Fax: 408-984-7120

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 6 in Cupertino

Been to The Domain Hotel? Share your experiences!