“Wonderful hotel: Highly recommended!”
Review of The Domain Hotel

The Domain Hotel
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 17, 2013

At first we booked one night at this hotel but were so happy to stay here that we prolonged our stay with another two nights. We had a wonderful spacious room. Since it is was an upgraded room (at a special weekend rate) we considered ourselves to be lucky. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. We liked the colour scheme very much because this resulted in a relaxing atmosphere.
But more than the room, we appreciated the personal attention of the staff. Especially Ruby and Todd of the reception were very helpful and friendly. With Ruby I had a nice conversation about books and running and she gave me a handwritten card with a quotation from the book and some very kind words. I have never had such an experience. These are the details that count...!
The last thing which I would like to mention is the delicious breakfast and the tasteful complimentary glass of wine in the lobby during happy hour. And we loved the pool as well.
We would definitely stay again in this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Hello Bertina,

It is great to hear from you. We hope your family enjoyed your trip to Norther California. We would love to have you back anytime.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I reserved the hotel for a stay with my step mother who is suffering from cancer -- for s short rest. The hotel was very clean. smelled great and she had a great experience. The staff was very supportive and provided great service. It meant a lot to both of us. I would definitely stay at this hotel and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: It was very quiet on the east side of the 3rd floor. Great parking garage under the hotel at no cos...

Hello Pam,

We are so happy we could support you during your trip for your step mother. Thank you for staying with us, and please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you need assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I don't know what I was expecting Domain to be like, but I was really taken aback when we arrived. The route we took to the hotel didn't make it seem like it was in the greatest of areas. I've been told Sunnyvale is pretty safe, but the area the hotel is in felt sketchy. At best, it's definitely older and run-down.

It was 1am when we arrived and we had reserved the Domain Suite (best room class - 450 sq. ft, 3rd floor with balcony and Jacuzzi). We walked into our room to see they put us in the Atrium King (lowest level room class - 205 sq. ft, 1st floor, no amenities). Did they think we wouldn't notice the difference? I called the front desk and was given a runaround for about 10-15 minutes. I was told they only have one Domain Suite but 30 reservations for it that week. No apologies...as if this was somehow my fault that they oversold the room category? Not sure how they magically fixed the issue, but with enough complaining, I was finally put in the Domain Suite.

The room was fine. Certainly nothing fancy - not even central A/C, just a window unit. But, it was clean and sufficed.

If I had to compare Domain to a hotel chain, I would say it's most like Aloft. However, I enjoy Aloft hotels much more than I enjoyed this. The next time I do business in the area, I'll stay at one of the more luxury hotels in Palo Alto before coming back to Domain or back to Sunnyvale.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Happyjackman,

Please accept my apologies for your arrival experience. This is not the level of service we look to provide at anytime, nor are these comments we are accustomed to hearing. I understand how an experience can influence an entire stay. I have addressed your concerns with my team and with our General Manager, and we have taken steps to improve.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly in the future and I will oversee your entire stay with us.

Thank you so much for your comments.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Sadly I did not listen to the other reviews I read thinking it can't be that bad.. it must have improved.. I regret my choice and will never second guess the bad reviews.. maybe for half the cost this would be a value or deal but for what they ate along you'd expect a minimum level of service, amenities, etc.. this sadly fails to meet even the most basic odd requirements over and over again to a paint where it would be comical I'd not so sadly tragic.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear IAMJOSH2,

I wanted to apologize for your initial experience in your first room. I'm glad that we were able to rectify these issues while you were still with us and have you upgraded to one of our superior rooms. This is not the level of service we look to provide at anytime, nor are these comments we are accustomed to hearing. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will only help us continue to improve our service.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Domain Hotel in Sunnyvale, CA is by far the most welcoming hotel that I have stayed at in the Bay Area.

Apart from the gorgeous guest rooms and amenities, the Domain Hotel is home to a set of staff that are hospitable, friendly and are always happy to work with you.

The staff honored great rates for me at affordable prices whenever I needed it and they also were at my service 24/7. The Breakfast which is free is simply amazing and an excellent start to the morning.

I could go on and on about this hotel but I want to keep it short so my review can actually get read. That said - Always stay at Domain when you get a chance - They never will disappoint!

• Stayed: July 2013
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hello Fathi234,

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall experience at the Domain Hotel. It truly makes my day to see that we hit the mark with our guests.

Please come see us in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Jeff was fantastic in the bytes cafe as usual. He was courteous and very generous with a free drink. The food was wonderful. I suggest the truffle fries, not greasy and incredibly tasty as a filling and fun appetizer. The bar was comfortable and I enjoyed my time watching the Giants game.

Dear CJ,

We are pleased that Jeff took great care of you! He has a great memory and always recognizes a familiar face.

Thank you for you time to fill out a survey!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I never thought I'd ever stay in Sunnyvale, but my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and catching Bruno Mars at the HP Pavillion (Now SAP) and we were looking for a nice place near by. The staff was very attentive, professional and warm. The room was a stylish, comfortable and overall AWESOME suite overlooking the pool. Upon arrival, there was a bottle of sparkling wine, a card for my wife and a couple of paper cranes. (Also, since we're members of the Joy of Life club, the front desk had a bottle of wine waiting for us!!!) Jenna was incredibly helpful, as well as the new staff member that welcomed us, but I can't recall her name. If we ever end up needing to stay in that area, WE WOULD DEFINITELY return to The Domain.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Artnelston,

I'm sometimes amazed at the creativity of our team members. Wow! This truly is a special story that I will share for years to come! We hope you will "Treasure" this for time to come.

!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Cupertino Inn
Cupertino Inn
#1 of 6 in Cupertino

Been to The Domain Hotel? Share your experiences!