“Great clean hotel, modern and with exceptional service”
Review of The Domain Hotel

The Domain Hotel
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My stay at the Domain Hotel went quite well. I researched this hotel and read some decent reviews before staying and everything surpassed the experience i was expecting. one highlight in particular was the bartender Jeff. He was so attentive and even remembered my name the next night. happy hour is great and i will be back just for his service alone! thanks Jeff!!! The food at the restaurant was well prepared and served with a smile. The rooms themselves are very clean and modern. The Staff is also very polite and welcoming. Not the best location but restaurants and other necessities are definitely within a walking distance. All in all i recommend giving this hotel a shot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Mr. Steve O,

We are delighted to have you as our guest and look forward to serving you in your future stays in San Jose!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have been coming here a lot .... Have seen a lot changes in last few months. Love the plans for the new Fitness room (got a sneak peak from the Manager) :-)
3rd Floor rooms are nice and I found out they are now installing the Rain Shower heads in all the guest rooms. Staff is amazing and they create a great experience for business travelers. Wine hour is fun and everyone is always smiling and happy here.

Room Tip: High Floors ... Or any exterior room.

Mrs. Ruby,

We are also excited about the changes we have made and the future projects we have in the works! Please come back and see us soon to enjoy the new fitness center as well as our upgraded shower heads in all rooms. We love intereacting with our guest at wine hour and have gotten great feedback from our guest! Stay tuned for more exciting changes.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love staying at Domain hotel , by far my favorite hotel in sunnyvale .
Great location,walking distance to restaurants.
Service was great ,the room very large and clean.
I love the happy hours and the free wine tasting.
The down side AC very noisy.
Got me deal in hotwire ,I wish the price was cheaper I would stay their at least once a month.

Nina,

Thank you so much for your review! Nothing is more gratifying then receiving positive comments from our guest. We try to keep our prices competitive with market, while offering the same gret service. We are excited to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I wish I could award 4 1/2 stars.

I like everything about the hotel except the very noisy air conditioning.

My wife and I have stayed here twice, and each time the rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful (although I admit that I did not make many requests of them).

We did not eat at the hotel's restaurant, so I can't comment on it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the street or facing the interior lobby.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Ralph,

Thank you for your continued business. I would like to personally apologize for the AC noise in the room. We have serviced the AC systems in our room and are planning a renovation of the interior rooms. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The only downside of the stay was the site, which is small and on a main roadway. Everything else was very good. What the hotel lacks in facilities it more than makes up for in service. Staff was very attentive to detail. Service was definitely their priority. The hotel was clean and very presentable. Room was very clean, nice finishes, and in very good shape. Bar was small but the staff was courteous and was willing to go above and beyond. Front desk staff was patient and helpful, and all were extremely professional.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear John P.,

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and comments. Guest satisfaction is a major priority. The Team and I look forward to seeing you again at the Domain Hotel.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The building doesn't look like much from outside but once you walk in its really just amazing. I had to take a picture of the place, it's nice and quiet and they're even people in the lobby on the computer. So My girlfriend and I booked for a night on Expedia and when we tried to check in our reservation didn't go through but charged our credit card. It was late, we were tired and Expedia sold out on king deluxe room so we couldn't even book another room for the price we wanted. Long story short, Marcus (employee) was nice enough to match the price with Expedia, even upgraded us to a better room with a view, gave us an extra 2 hours to check out in the morning and kindly checked us in and sort things out. We got to our room and I'd have to say it was one of the neatest room I've seen. Flat screen tv, SLEEP NUMBER mattress and some Inspiring words on the wall. Will DEFINITELY come back( I sound like I'm being paid to write this ) but I'm being honest and taking time to actually write this because it was one of the best stays. So thank you again Marcus and hope to run into you again when we come back.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Peter,

Nothing is more gratifying then receiving positive comments from our guest. We are proud of the recent upgrades we have made, and will continue to improve our guest product. We are excited to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The LIKES!!!
Complimentary wine...
Happy Hour...
The rooms are clean and look hip.
Great value! I can't say enough about the property...
The check in process was super fast and the service was excellent.
The hotel has underground parking for security and the staff was amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for Jason at the front desk!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments Picky C.

We have shared your comments with our entire team especially Jason. We are also glad you enjoyed our wine hour. We look forward to your next visit!