“Love it!”

The Domain Hotel
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love staying at Domain hotel , by far my favorite hotel in sunnyvale .
Great location,walking distance to restaurants.
Service was great ,the room very large and clean.
I love the happy hours and the free wine tasting.
The down side AC very noisy.
Got me deal in hotwire ,I wish the price was cheaper I would stay their at least once a month.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Nina,

Thank you so much for your review! Nothing is more gratifying then receiving positive comments from our guest. We try to keep our prices competitive with market, while offering the same gret service. We are excited to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I wish I could award 4 1/2 stars.

I like everything about the hotel except the very noisy air conditioning.

My wife and I have stayed here twice, and each time the rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful (although I admit that I did not make many requests of them).

We did not eat at the hotel's restaurant, so I can't comment on it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the street or facing the interior lobby.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd M, Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Ralph,

Thank you for your continued business. I would like to personally apologize for the AC noise in the room. We have serviced the AC systems in our room and are planning a renovation of the interior rooms. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The only downside of the stay was the site, which is small and on a main roadway. Everything else was very good. What the hotel lacks in facilities it more than makes up for in service. Staff was very attentive to detail. Service was definitely their priority. The hotel was clean and very presentable. Room was very clean, nice finishes, and in very good shape. Bar was small but the staff was courteous and was willing to go above and beyond. Front desk staff was patient and helpful, and all were extremely professional.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear John P.,

I cannot thank you enough for your feedback and comments. Guest satisfaction is a major priority. The Team and I look forward to seeing you again at the Domain Hotel.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The building doesn't look like much from outside but once you walk in its really just amazing. I had to take a picture of the place, it's nice and quiet and they're even people in the lobby on the computer. So My girlfriend and I booked for a night on Expedia and when we tried to check in our reservation didn't go through but charged our credit card. It was late, we were tired and Expedia sold out on king deluxe room so we couldn't even book another room for the price we wanted. Long story short, Marcus (employee) was nice enough to match the price with Expedia, even upgraded us to a better room with a view, gave us an extra 2 hours to check out in the morning and kindly checked us in and sort things out. We got to our room and I'd have to say it was one of the neatest room I've seen. Flat screen tv, SLEEP NUMBER mattress and some Inspiring words on the wall. Will DEFINITELY come back( I sound like I'm being paid to write this ) but I'm being honest and taking time to actually write this because it was one of the best stays. So thank you again Marcus and hope to run into you again when we come back.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Peter,

Nothing is more gratifying then receiving positive comments from our guest. We are proud of the recent upgrades we have made, and will continue to improve our guest product. We are excited to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The LIKES!!!
Complimentary wine...
Happy Hour...
The rooms are clean and look hip.
Great value! I can't say enough about the property...
The check in process was super fast and the service was excellent.
The hotel has underground parking for security and the staff was amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for Jason at the front desk!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments Picky C.

We have shared your comments with our entire team especially Jason. We are also glad you enjoyed our wine hour. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have to travel to Sunnyvale for work 1-2 weeks out of every month, and this is the only place I'll stay now. Traveling that much is hard on nearly every aspect of my life, and the staff here go way above & beyond to make sure my life is as easy as possible while I'm there.

The lounge/bar area is very comfortable, and they always have a great selection of ultralounge music playing. Jeff is normally the bartender while I'm there, and he's really good at what he does, as well as nice to talk to.

At the front desk, Daniel and Marcus are amazing (there's also a woman that's awesome, but I can't remember her name right now). I interact with Daniel the most, and he has seriously never dropped the ball on anything. They all know me by name, but hilariously enough, still refuse to call me anything but "Mr. Briggs".

The rooms are nice, very clean, well kept. The executive suites are *far* better, with the multi-room layout, which is much more comfortable to "live" in for a week at a time.

Their menu is great! Great food, they stock good wines, and I'm not sure what else I can add to that.

Bottom line: I just feel very comfortable there, and that's about the best you can ask for when away from home so much.

Stephen,

Thank you so much for your kind comments of our staff and guest service. Marcus, Danny, and Jeff are fantastic and always hold customer service standards second to none.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I will stay at the Domain anytime I am in the area for business. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The staff was all amazing. Jeff in the restaurant/bar was so welcoming and attentive, the food was amazing, and happy hour was a good way to unwind after a day of meetings. The rooms were very comfortable and decorated in a modern sleek contemporary design. Sleep number beds made it easy to get a good nights sleep. I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms towards the back are much quieter as they are not out towards the street.

Dear Dusty,

We are delighted to have you as our guest and look forward to serving you in your future stays in San Jose. Jeff will be thrilled to know his service was recognized by a guest!