“Good hotel”

The Domain Hotel
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I spent 6 nights on January/2012.

Very friendly staff, I felt welcomed since from the first minute. Good rooms, clean, good size.
Breakfast is good, parking lot of good size.

Location is good, there are some stores and restaurants close.

What i didn't like was the view (i stayed in the 1st floor, my window had a view to a wall), and the walls are too thin (i could clearly hear some noise from my neighbors). Fortunately, the place is quiet.

They also charged a fee to deliver some packages (totally unnecessary).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Todd M, Front Office Manager at The Domain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for choosing The Domain Hotel for your stay in the Bay Area. Your survey and comments are greatly appreciated and will only help us continue to improve!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights. Great experience. They have free garage parking. Great customer service. Nice and clean room. Upgraded room. With $50 per night, I think it's better than lots of 4 star hotels. The only negative thing: they don't have free breakfast and the $12 breakfast buffet is not worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing The Domain Hotel for your stay in the Bay Area. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our number one focus is always the guest, we have heard your comments and are working on our breakfast presentation.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was a little disappointed with this hotel. While the the rooms are quite nice the service has a lot of room for improvement. I was surprised that when I checked in no one helped me with my bags. I was traveling with my wife for over 8 hours and was told to take the luggage rack and was on my own.
The amenities in the bathroom were poor. Fresh towels were substandard and were wet every day. It just seems they do not pay attention to detail. It is a shame because the hotel room is nice.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

I would like to personally apologize for the overall experience during your stay. This is not the level of service we look to provide at anytime. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will only help us continue to improve our service. Please accept my apology and know your opinions will be aggressively addressed.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I travel to Santa Clara weekly for work. When the rates are good, I choose the Domain over other hotels for two main perks: free access to the full gym across the street, Fitness 19, and the hot free breakfast (not available for all guests, but most corporate guests I believe). Parking is also free, and you can tell that the staff truly cares about you having an enjoyable stay. If you're in the area for work, I'd recommend giving Domain a shot. If nothing else, it's more personable than the chains we're all used to :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing The Domain Hotel for your stay in the Bay Area. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our number one focus is always the guest! We always look to provide an experience while, delivering all the comforts of home.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

First, the hotel is very well maintained in clean. There were just a few minor details that made it a rating of 3 instead of 4. First, we booked a room for two adults and two kids. When we made it to our room, we had one King bed. They were out of rooms, so we were given a rollaway bed. So we ended up sleeping two adults and one child on the King and the other kid on the rollaway.

The bed is a sleep number bed, but we could not get ours to adjust. It didn't bother me as I prefer a firm mattress, but my wife was hoping for something a bit softer.

They did give us free breakfast for the mess up with our room.

I would give this a 3 and a half if I could. A good place to stay, just not great. Once again, let me state the place is very clean and spacious. So that is a big plus.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for choosing The Domain Hotel for your stay in the Bay Area. I would like to personally apologize for your sleeping experience, this is not the level of service we look to provide at anytime, nor are these comments we are accustomed to hearing. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will only help us continue to improve our service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time and I will personally oversee your stay to ensure the up most satisfaction. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Located at a good location with easy access to major business centers and restaurants. Very helpful staff, the rooms are fresh roomy and has plenty of light. Clean, spacious and neat baths. The breakfast is good and have a decent spread even for a vegetarian like me.

I have stayed at this place a couple of times and have enjoyed my stay every time.

The things they can improve
a) provide a better set of choices of TV channels.
b) provide better sound insulation between the rooms
c) Improve the pressure systems in the showers

Room Tip: Choose the room which is not facing the front.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

We would like to thank you for choosing The Domain Hotel for your stay in the Bay Area. Nothing is more gratifying then receiving positive comments from our guest. Your reccomendations are greatly appreciated and are taken very seriously.

We are aware that you have many options when choosing where to stay while traveling and we thank you for continuing to choose us.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I don't tend to write reviews, but it's been a long night and I'm waiting for my husband to wake up. We checked in here last night. First impression was great. It is clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We got to our room, and once again, very happy with what we saw. Then we started unpacking and settling in and the noise starts. It's kind of like our neighbors are IN our room. It's like that on both sides of us. At this moment, I can hear the guy in the next room snoring. Not to mention that when people walk by our room, it literally shakes the bed. Also, I was excited to try out the sleepnumber bed. I never got it right and was uncomfortable all night long. I should mention, we are on the second floor facing the back parking lot. It might not be like this in every room. If you are a sound sleeper or aren't bothered by loud rooms then stay here. It's a very nice place.

• Stayed: July 2012