“Nice hotel with great staff”
Review of The Domain Hotel

The Domain Hotel
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a recent visit and I have to say that I'm very impressed with this "Joie de Vivre" hotel. I will definitely be staying at this chain of hotels in the future.

When I arrived at this hotel, it was obvious that it was fairly new and probably renovated from a previous hotel. The lobby was NICE! I really enjoyed the way it looked. It was very different from the typical hotel lobby and looks nicer than some of the other more expensive hotels like Sheraton or Hilton. Throughout the hotel, you see signs stating that the staff and the hotel would like to exceed your expectation. I felt that the staff certainly did.

Our room was on the second floor facing the inside of the hotel. I read somewhere that it is the room you usually get if you bought from one of those unpublished rate/bidding sites. I did so I wasn't surprised to get the room. It was a very nice room. Very well appointed and the bed was a sleep number bed which my wife loved. I played around with the bed quite a bit trying to find my perfect number.

The hotel is located on El Camino Real which is very close to several restaurants. The Ranch 99 market is also a short 10 to 15 minute drive away from the hotel. The location was definitely a big plus for me when I realized where it was located.

My only con which made me take off one point from my rating is the wireless internet. For some reason, my iPad kept getting disconnected from the wireless internet. I tried a variety of things but couldn't get the connection to stay stable. It would work for about 15 minutes and then drop off. This was definitely quite annoying. The hotel does offer the option of a wired connection but that is just not possible with an iPad.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to stay in Sunnyvale. Skip the major chains and give this hotel a try. I don't think you would be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SANsna

Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I have been there a few times during the past few years, it is well located near different restaurant and the main road.
Wi-fi connection included on the room.
Only weak point is breakfast, buffet type, which I would considered poor compare to the rest.

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank Elmunyoz
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed two nights at the hotel. I requested a top-floor room and they accommodated by request.

I had a room that faced the parking lot, so it was very quiet. The only noise issue that I had was I could hear some talking from the guests who were in the room next to mine, but for the most part it was not bothersome.

The room was clean and comfortable. I loved the sleep number bed.

Internet worked well.

The TV reception wasn't the greatest for wasn't a huge deal for me.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I have stayed at both the Wild Palms and Moorpark -- this is a huge step up from both of those properties.

Room Tip: Request room not facing the street.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travel1234SanDiego
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed there last night what a nice hotel and better NICE PEOPLE..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I spent several nights at the Domain and was impressed by the combination of comfort, service and value. It is not a particularly imposing hotel, but it is well situated with easy access to many downtown attractions.

Room Tip: Some of rooms involve a considerable walk so ask about location first, especially if you have mobili...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OmenWesternMA
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This hotel is very well appointed, easy to find, and has a very friendly staff. If you are willing to pre-book with a non-refundable reservation, you can find some amazing deals. If you book this way, your breakfast will not be included and you will be offered an add-on for $12.95/pp. Don't fret, there is a Denny's within walking distance for breakfast. Our room was a king room that had a sleep number bed so my wife and I could individually adjust the firmness of the bed - a definite plus. There are many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (most are ethnic or fast food). All in all, a comfortable place to stay and I will stay there again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that face the main road, El Camino Real - they can be noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This hotel was a welcome surprise! The design and decor were soft (neutral tones) and sophistocated. The entire hotel, especially the room were spotlessly clean. The bed was "the best", with wonderful sheets!! The room was big, plently of space. For business travellers, the room had plently of lamps. internet access and work spaces. One thing to be aware of...that caused us a problem! The hotel shuttle does run normal, regular hours. We needed to leave for San Jose airport for a 6:30am flight to Boston, but the shuttle that day didn't start until 7am!? The taxi fare is $30. plus!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple