“Not bad at the Quality Inn”

Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Scotland
“Not bad at the Quality Inn”
Reviewed June 4, 2007

I stayed in the quality inn sunnyvale from the 19th-25th of may and found it to be excellent value for money. I was attending a conference at the santa clara convention centre and this hotel whilst not close, was within 25min walking or 5min on the light rail which has a station closeby. The two down sides are the lack of restaurants nearby (head into san jose) and the lack of a cafeteria - dining room to eat breakfast which was served in the reception area.

Apart from that, good value and I'd recommed it.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
5 Thank StewieGriffin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 30, 2007

We stayed for 3 days in January, and we brought our cat with us. We booked through the hotel website and noted on the reservation form that we would have our cat, although it seemed to be a suprise to them when we arrived. When we were checking in we had left the cat in our car and when the guy was about to make our key-cards I said "by the way, we have our cat with us." Well then he started typing away again, I think they moved us to a special "pet" room.

I understand moving guests with pets to an older room, but this room was kind of gross. There were stains all over the carpet and on the furniture. Their website advertised that the room had a balcony and DVD player, which it definitely did not have, it didn't look like any of the rooms had balconies. They should probably update their site as this is misleading. The bed was just OK, the blankets were really scratchy. The bathroom was nice though, with new tiles and a nice big sink. The high speed internet worked as advertised. The location was very convenient for meetings up and down Silicon Valley.

The cleaning staff spoke no English at all. I tried to explain to the cleaning lady that I would need to take my cat out of the room so she could clean, and I think I completely confused her, she left and I waited for her to come back until almost 4 PM, at which point I called the front desk and they resolved it for me. Also, one morning I was looking by the bed for something that fell off my nightstand and I found a used condom under the bed ruffle.

I am by no means a hotel snob, and this was one of the cheapest hotels in the area, but I wasn't all that impressed. I would probably stay again if I needed to and it was a good price, but I would look elsewhere first.

• Liked — Decent location, pet-friendly, easy parking, free internet
  • Disliked — dirty pet room, inability to communicate with cleaning staff
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank pupok
Sacramento, Ca
Reviewed October 9, 2006

I can't not even express how wonderful the service was at this hotel. The front desk is very friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze. The front desk set up the crib for us and reccommended a restaurant for us and even printed directions for us. The use of dvd's and a dvd player free of charge was invaluable when traveling wiht kids. The location of the hotel to Great America is like a 5 minute drive. The package deal we got even included a voucher for free parking at the park. The hotel staff was excellent. The room was decorated with taste. The bed was comfortable. If i am ever back in the area this hotel will be first on my list.

• Liked — The decor of the room and size.
  • Disliked — Indoor corriders
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for the Great America package
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
7 Thank knowitall21
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 29, 2006

I had wonderful time during my stay at Quality Inn Sunnyvale. The hotel staff was very friendly. They knew how to take care of customer. The hotel was only minutes away from major freeways (HWY 101, 237, and 280). The room was very clean. I enjoyed using their Gym and swimming pool (heated). Their breakfast was delicious and had many options. I would definitely visit this hotel again. I give them A++ for their service.

James

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
9 Thank james34232
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 10, 2005

This Hotel made our stay in California very enjoyable! Nice and Clean Hotel in a quite neighborhood. Very friendly staff, always ready to help. The owners are very nice and eager to provide excellent service. We have never experienced such incredible service before. The Room is brilliantly decorated and very comfortable with plenty of space to both work and relax. I have stayed in a number of hotels in Silicon Valley. This Quality Inn Sunnyvale level of service, amenities, and facilities is comparable to hotels charging twice as much.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
WA
Reviewed September 6, 2005

We stayed at the Quality Inn Sunnyvale but it was horrible. When we made our reservation, we told the staff that we have 4 dogs. The staff told us that the hotel has "pet rooms" specially for people with pets. So we got there and my husband was walking one of our dogs. The hotel staff told him that our dog was too big and, among other things, told my husband that the hotel did not have so called "pet rooms". We had to check out of the hotel and was told that we were lucky that they were charging us for only one night. We were also warned that additional charges would be added to our bill if the hotel staff found "dog stains" in our room.
My husband even had the name of the person who took the reservation from him. But the hotel staff hinted that my husband was a liar. I don't think this is any way to treat customers.

Stayed September 2005
1 Thank klepto09
Reviewed September 5, 2005

We stayed in a non-smoking king bedded room, which also had a large mini-fridge and a microwave, a desk, a table and chairs, and a recliner, plus room to move around. The furnishings weren't new-looking, but everything was clean enough. Rooms have free high-speed internet access.

When we checked in, the hotel and parking lot seemed fairly empty, and I looked forward to a nice quiet stay, but around midnight I started hearing doors opening and closing nearby (the doors are loud). Then, the next morning around 8AM, some hotel guests (parents wanting extra sleep?) sent their three young children out to run up and down the hall for hours. While this wasn't the fault of the hotel, but I found myself wishing that they had spread their guests out more, rather than (apparently) clumping everyone into one section of the first floor.

The hotel also has a pool, which we didn't use, and a free breakfast that includes make-your-own waffles, cereal, a few pastries, and juice/coffee. We got to breakfast about half an hour before it ended, and there wasn't much left.

• Stayed September 2005