“We book ahead as every traveler does...”

Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We book ahead as every traveler does. This hotel and some choice brands will not work with the change of your plans. I find that telling of the owner and what they after Money! Not service to the guest. If you know the area this is a high tech part of town. With all the hotel selling out nightly. This hotel is the last choice for a reason. Cheap rate yes. Try to cancel what was cheap just add 97 dollars to your day. I'm done with small owners trying to run hotels in a large market, it's a waste of time and money.

Reviewed April 29, 2010

Not 5 star by any means, but this place was a good find. Free internet, free decent breakfast each morning. The staff was helpful. I was most impressed by housekeeping. One day, they straightened my laptop and papers on the desk.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank maanfi24
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I've stayed at the Quality Inn on Persian Drive, Sunnyvale, CA several times. But this is only my second review. The renovation is almost complete. The hotel staff is very friendly, free Wi-Fi connection works good and breakfast is not fancy, but very decent. They now have a breakfast room and it looks very nice with a plasma TV on the wall tuned to CNN. Every time I go to Santa Clara, CA, I don't even bother looking for any other hotel. It is a great deal for the price!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank descobridor
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I have stayed at the Quality Inn five times in the last several months. The room that I always get for myself is spotless every time. The bathroom is also very, very clean. I like the bed that comes with that room because it is large, and the sheets and pillow cases are perfectly clean, every time. I think that the managers are especially welcoming and gracious as well. I really think that they have the most perfect continental breakfast every morning. Its always clean, with lots of nice things to choose from. I especially like the cold orange juice, and milk that goes along with the nice treats that they serve for their breakfasts. I would highly recommend the Quality Inn in Sunnyvale. The staff there really cares about their guests.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights and were very favorably impressed. The hotel is located close to a busy road but our room was very quiet , clean and comfortable. There is ample free parking close to the door. The staff was very accommodating and friendly and offered to carry our bags upstairs when we arrived. A delicious extended continental breakfast, including waffles and eggs, was served every day together with a free daily paper. There are a couple of small tables and chairs in the lobby but most guests take their breakfast to their rooms. Our no-smoking room included a king-sized bed, a table with two chairs, an easy chair, a microwave, a small refrigerator, a coffeemaker with free coffee and tea, a desk and chair and a color TV. All local calls are free. Wireless Internet is available in the rooms and guests without a laptop may use a free Internet computer in the lobby for guests. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oldboy13
Reviewed December 15, 2008

I was on a business trip and stayed for 4 days. The rooms were comfortable, quite, clean, and the staff was very helpful. Every evening I would work in my room and I never had any problems with the free wireless internet connection. The seating area for the breakfast is very small, but I always found a place to sit. They offered a simple breakfast of waffles, yogurt, juices, bagels, breads and hard boiled eggs. When I was there they replaced the chairs in each room on the 2nd floor, and it looked they were almost complete with painting the exterior portion of the building. I had a problem with refrigerator and they responded quickly. As a business traveler, it was a good value.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mikeaustin
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Great stay!! Very clean, large rooms. Staff was excellent, very warm and helpful. I had never been to the area and they helped me plan out my taxi/train transportation. The breakfast is great! This hotel was a fantastic value, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dal46