“Great Stay for Families”

Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you and your family are visiting Great America, or the area, this hotel is a good choice. Clean, comfortable rooms, nice pool and exercise room. A few finishing touches needed as it looked like improvements to the facility were being actively pursued. A note about the staff, they were very nice and made us feel very welcome. Krishna is a very kind, hard working lady and made our stay so enjoyable. Final note, you are minutes from Great America and just a quarter mile from Hwy. 237. When we return we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nice hotel. Not much to say other than it is what I expect from a Quality Inn. Large room, good service, clean hotel areas, good breakfast. Breakfast could be better, scrambled eggs were kind of watery. But no other complaints. I am a very picky traveler, so I am giving it 3 stars because it is average, there wasn't anything about the hotel that stood out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Upon arrival about 1 pm, the front desk clerk seemed in a rush but found us a room we could check into. We stayed here as a friend was getting married the next day and they were staying here. We laid down for a nap in the afternoon after driving 400 miles to get here. I forgot to latch the door so nobody can enter. I awoke to what I thought was a faint knock at the door and as I got up from the bed, the manager was standing in the doorway with a part for the toilet in his hand and as I asked him what is he doing he said "you complained about the toilet running?"
I said I had not and he told me "someone complained the toilet was running and I must fix it!"
All the while I am standing in front of this guy in my UNDERWEAR!! He still has the front door open, people are walking by and looking in. I look in the bathroom and there is a maintenance custodian on the floor with the cover to the toilet off. I realized I was not dressed and reached for my pants. I said it would have been nice if you knocked. he said he did. He asked me if I wanted him to come back later. I said after I check out. I will jiggle the handle so as to stop the running water. Reminded me of Basil Faulty from the British comedy Faulty Towers. Next morning at the continental breakfast I don't think they recognized me as they asked me what room I was in. Funny, they didn't ask anybody else. Just average room, construction ongoing, way overpriced.

Room Tip: Be sure to latch the door!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I only rated this inn 5 stars because I couldn't rate it a 10. We stayed here because my Dad was having open heart surgery & this was the best place we could find. I was SO pleased by the caring staff, especially Jay & his wife Krishna. Everyday they asked how my Dad was & really were genuine people. They made my stay SO pleasant. The breakfast was delicious. The rooms had a fridge & a microwave, that made it SO convenient. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay. 10 out of 5

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lhad
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here twice. For convenience and no frills the hotel can't be beat. The rooms are large, nicely appointed and have a decent sized refrigerator and microwave which is nice to have! The bathrooms are also roomy and immaculate. The beds are comfy and all the soft goods seem new. My only issue was with HBO - the reception wasn't right but the manager said they are updating not only HBO but also adding a gym and other amenities. Couldn't partake of the breakfast as I was fasting for a procedure but I'm sure it was standard.

Not sure if the upgrades will raise the cost but this was exactly what I needed at the lowest cost in the area by close to $50!

Room Tip: Second floor unless handicapped.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Moved down from San Francisco to stay for a night as we have a flight out of San Jose Airport the next day. We had a room with a king bed which was very comfortable, quiet and clean. The breakfast was simple but adequate. No complaint for the senior rate we paid for the room!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Billy Z
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here a couple nights while visiting family in the area. No frills- the hotel is dated and does not have elevators- which meant lugging heavy suitcases to our 2nd floor room up a staircase. We did not use the pool, which was small and unheated.
However, the staff was very kind, there is a very nice continental breakfast, and the rooms were clean and spacious. Location is good also, right off the highway.
If you're looking for something cheaper in the Silicon Valley, this would probably be one of your best bets.

Room Tip: There's no elevator. If you have lots of luggage and/or kids, try to get a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dena E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Hilton Santa Clara
Hilton Santa Clara
#1 of 32 in Santa Clara

Been to Quality Inn Santa Clara Convention Center? Share your experiences!