Americas Best Value Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$209
Country Inn
Best Western Silicon Valley Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$119
$132
$129
QualityInn
  • Pool
The Domain Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$280
$185
Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotwire.com
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
Hotwire.com
$81
$79
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed 3 nights here. Based on other favorable reviews I thought this was the best value for money.

The room was average sized, clean, appeared to have been recently remodeled with new paint and a granite countertop for the sink area and the bathroom also looked newly redone. There was a small fridge, microwave and tv.

The tv was set to only show Pg 13 shows and so most channels were blocked.

They did not have baby cribs.

The free wifi was very fast. They had thoughtfully placed good quality hangers on the rail next to the sink area.

There were a couple of negative points that marred my otherwise favorable impression and based on which I won't stay here again:

All rooms face the 101 freeway. Traffic sounds are constant and quite loud, even at night. Felt like I was camped out next to the freeway.

The a/c unit below the window gave off a smell eerily like urine. Don't know why. Kept it turned off.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Repeter
abvisunnyvale, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Thank you for your review. we appreciate your comments. We take your comments seriously and use them to evaluate our Inn and provide additional training as needed. We have investigated the AC odor and this was a unit we have found no odor present. The Televisions and the TV service have been updated recently. We have installed double payned windows in our Inn as well.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

In the midst of the blizzards of winter 2011, we stayed here twice. Both times Pinky, the proprietress (with her family), went out of her way to make our stay pleasant. The prices were unbeatable: $60 and $65 per night, AAA rates. Pinky printed boarding passes and provided wake up calls. Siliconway is close to the airport and convention center. The rooms are better than similarly priced places; they have all the amenities of a standard motel. We'd just been soaked at a convention center hotel; Siliconway was a pleasure. It's right beside another America's Best Value Inn; Siliconway has fewer parking spaces, but we found one each night. (Street parking is also available and safe.) I regret taking so long to post this review.

Room Tip: We just explained our situation.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Hotel staff are very professional and helpful. I have stayed here many times on business travel. The hotel is centrally located in the sunnyvale are and close to nice restaurants and grocery stores. I found the rooms to be very clean and the amenties were nice. The staff always did a great job cleaning the room. There is a park and running track located behind the hotel and the surrounding area is very nice.

Can't say enough nice things about the staff, they have always been extremely helpful with my reservations.

Room Tip: Great hotel for the money
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank rich126
Reviewed October 21, 2010

After being awake on a business trip for over 20 hours, I just wanted to check in, take a shower and get some sleep. When I finally got into bed, I smelled urine. Because I had turned on the AC unit, I thought the smell came from it. I turned the AC off and fell asleep. When I woke up hours later, I again got a wiff of that foul smell. Still exhausted from the day before, I got out of bed and sat on the other bed where my husband slept. I didn't smell anything. When I went back to my own bed, I smelled the odor again. I put my nose to the matress and it was then that I realized that the smell was coming from the mattress. I was sick to my stomach when I realized that I had slept in someone else's urine! When I went to the front desk, the manager did not offer any appology nor did she make any suggestions to make up for the inconvenience. She acted as though she had no remore whatsoever for the distress that I suffered. I demanded that she move us to another room. Once we were moved, my husband spotted her running to the vacated room with a can of fabreeze. I had no more time to argue with her as I didn't want to be late for work. I left for work, but on my lunch break, I called the manager again and explained that I was very unhappy with how she dealt with the issue and that I wished for an appology and compensation for the inconvenience. She refused to help me so I asked that she provide me with the name of someone, like a distict manager for ABVI that could assist me. She then instructed me to stop by the desk after work and she would offer me something for the inconvenience. When I arrived that evening, she had changed her mind about compensating me, but instead had her husband come out to argue and insult us. He accused ME of urinating on the bed and said that he knew, by the way I looked and the color of my skin that I would cause trouble and try to get money from him. He also told me that he owned the hotel and that there was no one I could complain to or anything that I could do about the situation. He told me that I was a stupid Filipino and that I should never have come to this country. I have never been treated so badly and have never been made to feel like I was worthless because of the origin from which I came. After all, the management was also dark skinned, but somehow in his mind he thought he was better than me. Don't ever stay at this facility...you will endager your health as well as your pocket book! He charged me more than he quoted me on the phone. Also, I broke out into a rash and suffered terribly after my stay there! Beware of this place!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Stephanie95746
abvisunnyvale, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

We appreciate your review and respect your comments. We use your review and comments to further train our staff. We apologize for the experience you had while staying at our Inn and assure you that we have taken steps to make sure that the conditions you noted are corrected and will again.

Reviewed August 27, 2010

this is the perfect time for me to definitely give a very good comments to the fair oaks inn at 385 e weddell dr sunnyvale. as i am very greatful and thankful to them in the way they have addressed each and every of our concerns immediately after my complaint without any hesitation! and ensured that we were comfortable for the rest of the stay there! and offcourse we have to mention that they did take our complaint very seriously and started acting on them right away immediately with a smile;)..which i didnt expect it to happen...and very rare! kudos to the good front desk service maintained and mainly thanks again for them to listen to our complaints and hope if they can improve the complaints on them...definitely it will be one of the best hotel to stay at this very decent/moderate price!! and i can bet nobody can beat their price for the kind of facility they do provide..but offcourse if with better service/care can be taken in future which is very important!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your comments, we appreciate your taking your time to do so. We apologize for any inconvenience you experience and take your comments and needs seriously. Our staff works hard to provide you with the best possible accomodations at the most reasonable rates and we look forward to your return visit.