“Brilliant urban Dim Sum”

Hong Kong Saigon Seafood Harbor Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 377 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Zurich
“Brilliant urban Dim Sum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My team went to the Saigon in Sunnyvale for a dim sum lunch. We waited about 15 minutes (on a monday lunchtime!) but it was worth it. The full dim sum experience with trolleys and and the raucous atmosphere of hundreds of people enjoying their food and tea.

Staff were typically rushed and slightly sullen trolley drivers, but they were helpful when it came to special requests.

It's not the best dim sum I've ever had, but for the middle is Silicon Valley it was like an oasis of tasty food. $16 a head for our group incl. tip.

• Visited February 2013

north carolina
“Good food and price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My team went here for dinner on a Saturday. It was quiet when we got there but very busy when we left. We all found food we could share. The crab was recommended but it dd come as a whole crab which was hard to eat. Service was very good until we received our meal and then it was hard to get our bill.

Visited February 2013
Mountain View, California
“Timing your weekday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I think everyone enjoys this restaurant for the food, although the crowds and the noise can be somewhat intimidating. So here's my experience for a weekday lunch. Arrive at opening time of 11am and its so empty that even some of the staff are still arriving and the lights aren't switched on. By 11:30 there should be no problems as the house is half full. But around 11:40 there's suddenly a rush of folks like a bus pulled up outside (maybe a bus did pull up?). And another pulse of people line up at 11:50; probably those who thought they were smart enough to beat the Noon crowd? If you're not already at the restaurant by noon, maybe you should come even later (like 12:30 to 1pm) when it thins out again.

• Visited December 2012
Virginia
“Slow to go”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Thought I'd stop in to grab a quick bite to go. Had I known how long it would take, it would have been faster to get a table and eat there. Spring rolls were very good, but the steamed dumplings were disappointing. Again, if I'd been eating in, I would have seen them before taking them and wouldn't have. Saw plenty of better looking dishes rolling around, while I was waiting.

Visited September 2012
San Francisco CA
“Very Crowded - Food So-So”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were very excited to try this dim sum restaurant as we had heard so much about it from friends and family. Turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, maybe because our expectations were so high. Extremely crowded, service is the standard, no-nonsense fast service in large Chinese restaurants. Their specialty is something called a "Snow Mountain", which is a fried taro bun. This bun is definitely an acquired taste. I'm not a taro fan to start with and fried taro left me with "meh" feelings, however, people were "fighting" to get these dishes and they disappeared FAST! The rest of the dim sum was about a B average, some dishes below B, some above B. This is not a completely authentic Cantonese restaurant, maybe that's what the "Saigon" in its name is supposed to imply. Also - another minor point - the restaurant is in a strip mall and nowhere near a "harbor".

• Visited November 2011