“A bit basic but clean and inexpensive”

Best Western Silicon Valley Inn
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed May 23, 2008

Stayed two nights in Mid-May. The hotel is rather basic but it is clean. The rooms are on the smaillish side and the views are nothing but other buidings up close.
It has interior as well as exterior entrances but the area is good, not scary at all. The walls are rather thin and you can hear the rooms next to you as well as what is going on in the hallways pretty easily. I was awakened by housekeeping in the hallway one morning and as a testament to how well I slept I was ready to yell at my housemates thinking I was at home! The beds are okay, they dont suck, but not the best I have had. The room had a fridge and micro and something they used to call a VCR, although why, I don't know. It made me chuckle....
The hotel is close to downtown Sunnyvale by car so there are many dining options there. Nothing really around the hotel. There is a grocery and a starbucks about a block away and a convenience store around the corner.
All in all not a bad stay and for the money you cant beat it in the Southbay. Free internet and parking, my pet peeve is when they charge for it. Because it is relatively inexpensive there was a rather blue collar clientele but everyone was friendly and nice, no prisoners or homeless people milling about.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank PHXTrainer

Reviewed January 27, 2008

I am AAA member, and travel a lot. I stayed at Best Western Silicon Valley Inn on 1/16 fro 3 Days. I found their rate lowest in the area for what they offer. Free wireless internet, free Hot Buffet breakfast, Clean rooms, and very helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Pensilvenia
Reviewed September 10, 2007

If I stay in this area (1-2 a year) I always go to the Best Western Silicon Valley inn. The rooms are OK, there is breakfast, friendly people, wireless internet and a good rate. Not very special, but just what I need.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank MartinKoole
Reviewed September 29, 2005

Stayed for a week in September 2005. The rooms were small but clean, decor was old and facilities were dated. Bed spread and room furnishings needed replacing due to age. Other things were too old or broken. The iron was broken and dripped all over the floor. When I exchanged the iron at the front desk, I got a funny look asking for additional towels to replace those used to mop up the mess. Only 2 per room normally, which was insufficient. The TV remote lacked a back cover, the batteries were always falling out. Hair dryer was too old and anemic. We blew a circuit breaker for the room, the desk was unable to handle and suggested we wait for maintenance to fix the problem later in the day (?). I found the circuit breaker in the hall and found tape holding the breaker closed, obviously this had been a problem in the past. Be prepared for problems due to facility age and failure of owners to update. Cleaning staff could not speak English. Location was convenient (just off 101) and breakfast buffet was good. Consider this location only if the rate is good and you're not spending a lot of time at the hotel.

1  Thank 671paul_j671
San Diego, CA
Reviewed May 18, 2005

I stayed at this Best western twice, I really enjoyed my stay and will go again. Very good staff, clean rooms, confrotable bed, rooms has lots of amenities including hair dryer & Iron. I enjoyed their hot buffett breakfast every day, and I liked their freshly baked waffle.

Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, CA
Reviewed November 1, 2004

I visted Sunnyvale in October 2004 for 3 days. This hotel has very nice rooms, free video library, free hot buffet breakfast, and a computer terminal to check my email.
I was very impress with service and comfort.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hudson, NY
Reviewed September 27, 2004

I stayed here in July 2004, and it didn't suck, but it didn't do too much that was right. It was close to where I needed to be every morning for five days. The breakfast area is kinda depressing. You have to pay for internet access. The rooms are kinda cheesy. Skip it and go elsewhere.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member