Best Western Silicon Valley Inn
Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$149
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$205
$127
$149
QualityInn
Courtyard Sunnyvale Mountain View(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$299
Courtyard
  • Pool
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$199
The Domain Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$199
The Grand Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$253
$227
Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$284
$241
Staybridge.com
$185
ExtendedStay
$209
$188
Priceline
All reviewssilicon valleywafflesbusiness or pleasureclean roomscoffee makercomfortable bedbusiness tripthe breakfast areawould stay here againfast foodgreat place to stayfree wifienjoyed my stayeasy accessnice roomfront desk staffhotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Best Western Silicon Valley Inn was a pleasant surprise. It is located just off 101 in Sunnyvale, so a very convenient location for my morning meeting in Santa Clara. Our initial impression was not that great -- the exterior is very generic and reminded me of a motel, the hallway to our room had a rather antiseptic smell, the décor is a tad “dated” and worn, and the room window looked out on a fence… Since my husband & I were only staying one night, we figured it would be just fine. Once we settled in, we discovered there were a number of extra touches that make this little Best Western a real step above the crowd and served a good lesson: First impressions are not always right!

Some of the highlights:
- The staff was genuinely helpful, pleasant and accommodating: a real differentiator in my book. I needed a cord to connect my laptop to the net and the housemaid I found in the hall very quickly and with a big smile produced one from her cart. The front desk called us about 10 minutes after we got to the room to just ensure everything was ok and we had no problems. Checkout was painless and quick and done with a smile.
- The bed was really comfortable! A high pillowtop mattress, lots of pillows, nice comforter. It was delightful!
- The TV had a ridiculous number of channels. We surfed to our heart’s content (only negative – a channel guide would have been nice).
- The room included a coffee maker (though no tea bags), little fridge and microwave. Very convenient and handy.
- The hot breakfast was much better than expected. The server made up small portions for the warming trays so the eggs and sausage were hot and fresh. The trays emptied fast, but they were also refilled quickly. More work for her, but better for the guests.
- The room rate was very reasonable, especially given the area.

We were really tired when we arrived and instead of going out to dinner, we snagged a bottle of wine and waters from the Lucky’s conveniently located a couple blocks down the street, some to-go chicken, and camped out on the comfortable bed munching dinner while watching a movie. It was just what we needed.

That is not to say this hotel is a 5 star… The accommodations are basic. The rooms are not spacious or luxury. The breakfast is served on paper plates with plastic utensils. But basic is just fine and those other thoughtful little extras go a long way to making this basic place a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the "main" building. There is an alternate building where you need to drive out of the parking area and down the road just a tad which can be a bit of a hassle with traffic and morning breakfast.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kmcoyle
Kesh B, Manager at Best Western Silicon Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 408-735-7800.

Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Silicon Valley Inn

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I visit Silicon Valley often in the Palo Alto area, and there are many hotels from which to chose. After staying in several, I finally found a home at this Best Western Silicon Valley on Mathilda Road.

First, let me start by saying it is a real value. The rooms are very nice, includes coffee, micro, fridge, and surprisingly, toiletries and a hair blower. Best of all, great shower and plenty of hot water. If that did not sway me enough, the big king size bed, equipped with a myriad of pillows was fabulous. I would compare the bed to Encore or Wynn in Las Vegas. It is extremely comfy, and I get a great night's sleep. Also, wireless internet is included---what a deal!

The entire staff is welcoming, accommodating, and cannot do enough to insure your stay is wonderful. I needed some additional assistance, and they were all to happy to assist. Every staff member goes out of their way to make your stay inviting and pleasant.

This will be my home away from home when visiting Silicon Valley.

Room Tip: stay in the main building
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank drhugs
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Used this hotel as a home base for several days while visiting and attending concerts in SF, Saratoga, San Jose and Santa Cruz. Hotel has great amenities, excellent beds, pillows etc. The breakfast is good, with a variety of options. Can recommend this property to anyone travelling in the region.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I've been spending an extended time in the Silicon Valley area so I'm booking cheaper hotels to save some money. Cheap is relative here. I'm finding that I need to pay around $100 a night for a place to sleep that isn't a dump. This, by far, is the best place I've found. Note that there is no restaurant or pool. They offer free hot breakfast and coffee in the mornings although I can't comment on it since I haven't eaten there yet (it did smell pretty good though).

The good: the rooms are very clean and in good shape albeit pretty basic; the bed and sheets are very comfortable (I'd rate them better than many high end hotels that I've stayed in!); flat panel tv's with a great channel selection; nice front desk staff; they have washers and dryers which are very convenient (cost is $1 each and I found one dryer on the second floor to take a LONG time to dry my clothes so plan accordingly)

The ok: the hotel smells a bit - not bad mind you, it just has a smell to it; the hallways aren't in as good condition as the rooms - not bad, just a little worn unlike the rooms; here are two buildings and one is separated from the other so if you check in and are in the other building you literally have to drive back out and into another driveway down the block to get to it - an odd layout; there was a very small workout room with a treadmill, tv, and multi function weight machine - nothing fancy but at least there's something.

The bad: nothing.

Room Tip: try to get a room in the same parking lot as the front desk (you'll see what I mean when you get there)
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2011

At around 300 square feet including the bathroom, the king bed guest room bore no resemblance to the "spaciously-appointed" rooms described on this hotel’s website. It was way too small for two people to spend time in unless one person stayed in bed. Two suitcase stands could not be set up at once for our small carry-on bags - there simply wasn’t room for both. If that wasn't enough, numerous management and maintenance problems made this a really unpleasant place to spend any time. The window was frosted to block the view of the fence 3 feet away – it felt like an inside cabin on a cruise ship. The lights were all the really unpleasant "warehouse white" fluorescents that cost a few pennies less than the warm white variety used in decent US hotels. The faucet was plumbed backwards so hot and cold were reversed. The door to the room stuck every time we used it and needed good shove to open. A 4 foot long crack ran up one of the walls. Worst of all, the toilet was installed incorrectly and leaned significantly to once side causing an apparent leak of sewer gas and a persistent rotting garbage odor in the bathroom. When there are this many problems in a room every other amenity, nice furnishing, bed, etc., are like lipstick on a pig. I've stayed at many Best Western hotels. This one is by far the worst I’ve ever experienced. It was a truly unpleasant place to stay and will make me think twice before booking a room at another Best Western property.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business