“The hotel is clearly old, but was clean, neat and well...”

Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bette-don
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Ramada Sunnyvale is a little worn around the edges, but it is very comfortable, very clean, and has an excellent breakfast. All for a great price, especially in the heart of Silicon Valley.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Marian G,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review. We were pleased to learn that your stay met your hotel needs.

As you mentioned, we are an older property yet our housekeeping staff as well as maintenance staff perform room inspections on a daily basis to make sure all rooms are acceptable.

Should you return to the Bay Area, we look forward to welcoming you back.
We appreciate your time and business.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I read the reviews after my company booked me here. I have to say, they are mostly right. The hotel is very old. Window walls on the front and very thin walls inside. I asked for a room over looking the "garden" (grass). It was fairly quiet. The bed springs are so old and broken down that I sunk halfway in and didn't sleep well. I called and asked for more blankets and received them promptly. The bathroom has peeling wallpaper and is very small. I think I was in the room that had been infested by ants because there were ants stuck in the pictures on the walls. Very gross. If you are at all OCD, find a different place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Sammyjankas

Dear Sammijankas,

Thank you for your review. While the mattresses are the most compliment we receive from our hotel guests, we regret to learn that you felt uncomfortable while sleeping.

As we strive to provide the best guest service as possible, we were pleased to learn that your request to receive more blankets were responded in a timely manner.

Sammijankas, thank you again for writing a review which allows us the opportunity to provide better guest services and accommodation for the future guests. Please also know that your comments were addressed and reviewed by our management staff as well as the owners.

If you have any additional questions or if we may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@ramadasv.com

Thank you.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

1  Thank Keith S
Reviewed February 21, 2013

1  Thank Chinatravelguy
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The name sounds very fancy, but in truth it's a VERY tired motel whose rooms are in desperate need of refurbishment.
The rooms are cramped, the bathroom very outdated, and the carpets are matted, wrinkled, and stained. The walls - especially the outside wall - are very thin.
The bed was surprisingly decent, though the pillows and blankets are pretty shabby.
The lobby seems to have been built more recently - the '80s perhaps - but the rooms seems to be from the early '60s when 101 was an an expressway with stop signs, and people were looking for any place to pull up for the night.
The breakfast buffet was OK - cereal, bagels, OJ, coffee, but pretty simple.
The WiFi worked but was slow.
I'd suggest avoiding this place, especially when there are other nearby options; I'd certainly pay slightly more money to avoid this place.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lawn are quieter. Rooms facing the outside get headlights and car noise at all hour...
1  Thank dlchambers

Dear dlchambers,

We are very sorry that your hotel stay was less than satisfactory stay. Please know all of your comments were taken seriously and were reviewed and addressed to all management staff as well as the hotel owners.

Your review allows us the opportunity to evaluate our property and service. dlchambers, we appreciate your comments and business.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked my room after seeing that it had a three star rating and that it was well-located for what I needed. Then I read the reviews and I got nervous. Fortunately I am happy to say that my two nights went without any major problems. As other reviews have noted, in many ways the hotel (motel?) is a curious mix of things have been updated and done well and things that look like they haven't been touched since the 70's and badly need to be improved.

Some things were excellent. The bed, bedding and pillows were great. The towels were soft. The soaps smelled great. The room, from what I could tell, was clean (although, upon closer inspection, I think it needed some vacuuming). Also when I checked in and out the woman who took care of me (same one both times) was very pleasant and friendly and helpful.
Some things were good or good enough. Although some of it was a little worn, the furniture in my room was functional, plentiful but not too plentiful, and comfortable. The TV worked and had enough channels to satisfy me. The breakfast was also good enough - don't expect much and you'll come away happy. There were waffles, cereals, beverages, hard-boiled eggs and sausages (which actually tasted good). Not bad but I'm sure you'll get bored if you're eating there every morning for a long time (I wasn't). The heating functioned well but was a bit noisy. The free wifi was very useful but sometimes it was unresponsive for a little while. Probably a lot of other people were using it at the same time and using up a bunch of bandwidth (maybe streaming videos or music or something).
Some things weren't so great. The acoustic insulation was very lacking. Fortunately I didn't seem to have a lot of noise going on around me but when some people walked by window and were talking loudly it sounded like they were right in my room. Likewise I could easily tell when somebody in the unit whose bathroom backed up to mine got in the shower. Another thing that wasn't great was that, except for the things that have obviously been updated recently (like the beds/bedding, toilet) most everything else looked pretty worn and/or dated. For example the wallpaper looked old and mine was peeling in one spot (although it was behind the nightstand). The carpet, while probably still acceptable in my room at least, is probably at the end of its lifetime. Finally, the shower head was way too low - probably somebody under five feet tall would have been happy with it.

Really I would rate this at three and a half stars if I could. If I had business in the area again and the prices were the same I would definitely give this a try again. I get the impression that they are making improvements and updates and would look forward to a slightly better experience next time.

-Justin L

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Justin L,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your feedbacks on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to learn that your recent hotel stay with us met your hotel needs. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback, positive or negative, is valuable to us. Feedbacks such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed to our management staff as well as the hotel owners.

As you mentioned, "changes" are on it's way. We hope you give us another opportunity to be in your service should you return to the area. Justin L, we appreciate your business and comments.

- Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley

Been to Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!