“IF YOU LIKE "FILTH" AND "DISEASES" STAY HEAR”

Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Atlanta, Georgia
“IF YOU LIKE "FILTH" AND "DISEASES" STAY HEAR”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed here by making a booking mistake through Hotwire. The photos on the Hotwire site must have been 20 years ago when the hotel was first opened. When I got to my room, I notices that the room smelled mildewed and after inspecting closer, found that the vents in the bathroom were clogged with dust and dirt. I didn't even take off my shoes while in the room because the carpet looked as if a mechanic had taken oily car parts and laid them out. No joke the carpet was that filthy. The coffee pot looked as if it had not been cleaned only emptied and returned for the next guest. The AC worked but the heater never did and it was pretty chiily when I was there. The bed was never changed only made up, how do I know? There was a stain on the sheets and the sheets the next day had the same stain. Avoid this place unless you want to sleep in filth and hear low life people making noise all night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear Brian E,

Your feedback, positive or negative, is important to us to strive the best and friendly customer service and to provide clean and economical guestrooms to make every guests' stay a memorable experience.

It is apparent that we didn't meet your expectations during your recent stay with us; with this said, we sincerely apologize for the less than satisfying stay.

We appreciate your time and business.

- Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I and my girlfriend stay there for one day and they make a mistake on the room. Instead asking us nicely to the front desk to resolve the problem . A very young lady, just knock on our door demand to report to office imediately. Sound like we are sneaking in or something. My girlfriend was mad. So I checking out right away and still pay for a full day. This would be my last I will ever go to this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Miho T, Front Office Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Dear Dan L,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review on Tripadvisor. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay with us.

According to our records, one of the front desk trainee didn't follow the proper procedure. With this in mind, please accept our apology. We will retrain our front desk to ensure customer satisfaction as it is our number one priority.

Please also know that a credit had been issued to your account. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further. We sincerely apologize again for the unpleasant stay.

- Management

Travelers are raving about these Sunnyvale hotels

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

The room was adequate but the carpet had huge stains, sink kept backing up and no place to recharge phones or laptop. The plugs that were there had extension cords plugged in.
The staff was pleasant. Breakfast was pretty plain. Had dinner at the restaurant and
even though we were there before eight felt like staff was waiting for us to leave.
We won't stay there again.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Miho T, Front Office Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Ruth L,

Thank you for the review about your recent stay with us. We were sorry to learn that we didn't meet your expectations and wouldn't consider staying with us again in the future.

Your feedbacks, positive or negative is important to us to improve our daily operations and meet every guests satisfaction. Your comments will be addressed to our General Manager as well as the owners.

Being an exterior corridor property as well as an older property, we constantly shampoo the carpets; however we are also aware of the current condition of the carpets that we are planning to install new carpets slowly, but surely in the near future. In regards to the sink, we hope you had let us know during your stay so that our maintenance staff would had been happy to fix the problem immediately.

Limited access to the electric plugs is a new issue to all the hotels as many travelers now travel with multiple electircal devices. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you in result of a limited number of plugs in the room.

As for the restaurant, "Kyora Restaruant" on site is operated by a separate management and it is not part of the hotel.

Ruth L, thank you again for your time and business.

Michigan City, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I hope you do not feel awful like me because of their service.
Here is one example of how bad it was.
It is all my fault that I left my cell phone in my room.
However one staff refused to search it carefully and called me stupid when I asked him (middle aged guy probably from South East Asia) very politely "Can I ask another person about this?".
Other nice female staff also said there is nothing they can do and gave me the number of house keeping and told me to call later. So I gave up and went home. After that I tracked my cell phone with great service of sprint, which shows exactly 3 yard circle where my phone is.
For my surprise, my cell phone was still our room. But they still refuse to check it.
I have no idea why they can't just check our room. I hope this comment will help your decision.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Miho T, Front Office Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Dear wayoi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. First, we apologize for the unpleasant experience you encounrtered with our staff. Please know that the comments you shared on service/staff are in no way typical of service we provide here at Ramada Silicon Valley.

When you and your husband brought your concerns to our attention, the room you occupied was already rented out for the night and our housekeeping staff was gone for the day. As we explained to you, all the Lost and Found items from the guestrooms goes to the housekeeping department that you were advised to follow up with them on the next day.

According to our records, you spoke with several hotel staff including front desk staff and the housekeeping supervisor. In addition, we have received seceral emails concerning your cellular phone. First email you sent to us stated that the phone is in the room, then the second email you sent to us stated that after "careful research", it is no longer at the hotel. In fact you mentioned that it is now located in the apartment complex next to our property. Please know, on contrary to your comments, our housekeeping staff as well as myself personally went to inspect the room to find no cellular phone in the room you stayed. We also provide safety box in every guestrooms to store your valuable items.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with us. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your comments.

Abcd
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed in Ramada for about 6 days. Even though the facilities require a little more cleaning, overall experience is quite good. The price offered was honored. Very good breakfast. To my surprise the swimming pool was closed at 6:00 AM, but I realize that to the most of people this is not very important.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear Sam L,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. We were sorry to learn that the pool closure at 6am disappointed you during your stay. Please know our pool is closed between 10pm to 9am due to insurance reason (certainly no intention to giving hard time to our hotel guests.)

We're pleased to learn that we met your breakfast expectations. Our complimentary continental breakfast is where we tend to receive negative feedbacks, but we are pleased to hear that it was "very good."

Being an older property, it certainly require more cleaning and maintenance. Both housekeeping and maintenance staff conduct daily inspections.

We appreciate your business and comments.

Carlsbad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel offers best location, value, and quality. I only stayed one night, and checked in late. The front desk staff are very nice. It also offers breakfast from 6 to10, with many choices. The room is clean and confortable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Dear sshe3d, Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your recent stay with us. We were pleased to learn that your hotel stay with us was satisfactory. We were also pleased to learn that front desk staff were friendly and our complimentary continental breakfast met your needs. Should you return to the area, we hope to welcome you back here at Ramada Silicon Valley. We appreciate your business. - Management
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

If you want an inexpensive hotel in the Palo Alto area that is clean and easily accessible, this is the place. It average at best when it came to service and quality. The rooms were in need of some updates though were well maintained and clean. The plumbing was a little loud when the neighbors took showers and the walls were a little thin when they had the TV on. The curtains were a small problem because they only coved about 95% of the room. Somebody could look in and see the TV on though they could not see anything else in the room. The service was adequate but certainly was not doing anything special. Good for business or a quick getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room, the first floor rooms were a little uncomfortable with the large door a...