“Great place for business travellers”

Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Great place for anyone staying a few days in the valley. I've stayed here 3/4 times over the past few months on business and the suites all have kitchenettes and separate bathrooms. For the most part service is very good, although I've had a few anomalies such as returning to my room one evening and finding that the carpets were wet due to cleaning (not sure why they would do this when there is a guest staying). Breakfasts have a mix of hot and cold items, and this location has evening meals & drinks every night... these are included in your stay. Haven't used the pool or exercise facilities, nor saw anyone using the hot tubs around the facility, but have seen workers maintaining them. The walls aren't particularly sound proof, so if possible, request one away from the expressway. One final note is that there are at least two classes of rooms here. The ground floor rooms are single bed suites, whereas the upstairs suites have a mezzanine level with an additional bed and bathroom (great for families).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 6, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times for business. The hotel has a sister hotel "Residence Inn Silicon Valley I" which is less than 1 mile away and people sometimes confuse the two. I slightly prefer this one only because it's farther away from highway 101 so less road noise, although same problem can occur if you stay in the few suites immediately next to the Lawrence Expy.

The hotel's is configured with individual 2-storey houses each hosting several suites. Furnishing and equipment looks a bit out dated but the room is relatively clean. Housekeeping is efficient and the staff is friendly and helpful. Business center isn't exactly well equipped and sometimes the computer goes out of commission. The free wireless Internet in the room can be very slow from time to time, making it virtually useless. This is the only major pain for my stay. Electrical outlets in all rooms I've stayed are invariably curiously very loose. Plugged cables come out easily. Bed is generally comfortable and the climate control system works well. The free breakfast runs reasonable well with variety of selections.

Overall it's an acceptable choice for me but it's relatively pricey comparing with other hotels for some reason. It's probably not my first choice for the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed here for 6 weeks this summer. I was staying with my wife and a 3 year old kid. The rooms are nice and functional. Even though they are old they have been kept clean and without any problems as such. The kitchen was well stocked. Enough for us to be able to cook whenever we felt like. The breakfast had a nice spread. The evening reception everyday again had a good spread and we used to be full most of the days to not need to have dinner again. Staff was friendly and always ready to help. If you are looking for a room with flat panel TVs, sleek new gadgets in the room and modern interiors, then this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for a stay with family, with lots of open space and greenery and a helpful staff, choose this place. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2010

My first stay here was in 2001. This is a typical residence inn. Located close to many tech companies and key highways. The staff are friendly and efficient.

Rooms can be dark particularly if you have a ground floor room (not much of an issue for me as I only sleep here). Best to ask for a room that dose not face the highway to ensure it's quiet.

I dont think the rooms have changed at all in 10 years. Except for free unlimited wifi and assuming updated linen.

If it wasn't for sentimental reasons this may not be my first time pick.

Reviewed March 19, 2010

This place is located very close to all the Silicon valley. The breakfast here is awesome, real hot stuff. Wonderful, when you are on a business trip and need a big breakfast to start your day.

The building is older. So, things like the heat knob and TVs etc are kinda old. The premises are well maintained and clean.

The property is spread out, so WIFI signal strength can vary. I had to get a signal booster (free checkout from reception), but it worked. It was a little slow, though.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2010

Second time I have stayed here. I was compressed for time and traveling alone so the little things I wanted, I didn't get. The extras I couldn't use.

I could see traveling with a close companion. Enjoying the time away in the room or during the non-winter months the little hot tubs outside sprinkled around the complex.

I was eating out so the large kitchen wasn't a plus. I couldn't spin the TV around to watch it from the bed. The fold out stand for luggage wasn't provided. The wireless was weak and very spotty. The desk was too small and I fought with the outlets. Lastly, as last time, the outside noise level was pretty impressive from the express way.

A couple of times I needed a hotel restaurant or room service, no such luck. I walked down to the main building, loaded up on snacks and little wine bottles. Bleh.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank always_economy_class
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Clean but outdated, with smaller rooms than the newer Residence Inns. Under a flight path to the San Jose Airport. Furniture too large for space in room. The kitchen was missing large (dinner size) plates and the coffee maker was gone, although I didn't notice the coffee maker missing until Friday night after I bought coffee to make on Sat. morning. When I mentioned this at the front desk on Sat. morning, they asked "and this is the first time you're reporting it?" Made me feel like I was being accused of taking it, so put on the defensive, I explained that I had no reason to use it on prior morning because I leave very early, but thought I'd enjoy my coffee on Sat. morning. I got a maker, but it was a hassel. The TV remote was also missing, and the TV was an old "tube" TV with fading colors.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business