“Great Stay”

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Las Cruces, NM
“Great Stay”
Reviewed September 4, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in July 2006. We flew into San Jose and only stayed one night before leaving to explore Northern CA. We stayed here 2 nights on our return trip before flying home. The front desk staff (James) went above and beyond to give us the room we wanted. We stayed in some of the newly remodeled suites over by the "lake". I didn't get any pictures of the room, but a couple of our view from our room. Our room was quiet, clean and very comfortable. I like that Marriott has upgraded it's bedding. The room was spacious. We had plenty of room to move around, watch t.v., use the kitchen or whatever....oh and the free high speed internet is a great touch. There was a table out near the water to sit and read or get on your laptop and enjoy the cool climate. There was a grill available there also. There was also a walking/jogging path around the lake if you like walking in the morning or evening. the ducks were so cute. The breakfast was more than enough. The staff at breakfast were very pleasant and walked around to see if you needed anything and cleaned up after you. We didn't use the pool or exercise room, but did walk over there to check it out. It looked nice enough. There are a couple of computers in the lobby for your use and apples, cookies and coffee are available. The only down side may be that there were no stores or restaurants within walking distance. When we flew in we were so hungry and ended up at a Sizzler because it was the only place we could find to eat. It turned out to be a great salad and cold beer so no complaints there. Overall, I would recommend this property.

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank nmnative

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 12, 2006

Residence Inn SV II has been our home from May 1 until the end of July 2006 - - it has been a godsend. We are having home repairs done and RI has been a port in the storm, considering we had only projected being there one month.
Our Housekeepers were efficent and kind, leaving candies now and then. Breakfast and evening 'snack' were a nice touch. The rooms were perfect - a TV in every room! The complete kitchen was helpful in keeping food costs down: we didnt have to go out to eat as if we were staying at a 'bed only' hotel.
My sister and brother in law came into town unexpectedly for a few days, and RI was able to accommodate them in a studio room (which includes a ful kitchen also) two 'units' from us, so we were able to spend a nice time visiting. The room they had was the same price they would have paid at a 'bed only' hotel too!
The especially nice part of the deal was they accepted pets - lets just say the cat had quite the vacation!
My husband and I highly recommend the Residence Inn SV II to families, and pets!

• Stayed July 2006
Reviewed July 9, 2006

Stayed for one night, received the weekend rate of $89.00.

Pro's: The room was well appointed, with the kitchenette and a living room area with couch, could entertain a couple of friends who visited.
Didn't have time to try the breakfast but seemed pretty good. The Staff was friendly and explained everything on check in. Lobby had a computer set up with printer to check emails and print our boarding passes, wireless internet, couch with a flat panel screen playing a movie. Had a little store to buy snacks and had fresh free cookies on the counter.

Con's: Hard to find the entrance, was on Stewart, would have thought it was on Lawrence Expressway but found it eventually. Room 213 was on the ground floor but hidden in the back, not preferable for a single, female traveler.

• Stayed July 2006
Chicago
Reviewed October 3, 2004

I stayed here in Mid August 2004. Overall the staff is great. welcoming and hospitable. The breakfast is well done – offering both hot and cold selections , plus they have Asian foods. The evening reception was Beer and Wine. The rooms are large (though a bit smaller than other Residence Inns at which I have stayed) and well equipped, including a filled candy dish, fireplace and mircrowave. I was blown away to find that the staff will shop for you during the day and charge you exactly what they pay at Safeway (no mark up), NICE!! The only minor downside I experienced was at checkout. The bill I received was not added correctly (showing a lower amount than it should). They later correct it on their end, charging my card the correct (higher) amount. Unfortunately they neglected to tell me about the change. Although it was less than 20.00 difference-the mix up played a bit of havoc with my expense account. I would stay again

4 Thank snowbiz100
Reviewed September 27, 2004

This place treats you well, lots of smiles and friendly Californian cheer at the front desk. Finding your room prompts you to think of Hansel & Gretel leaving breadcrumbs -- where the heck IS my room? -- but, once found, is a nice little home away from home. BUT....the breakfast buffet blows your mind. And there is one of the staff who started playing mom to me and a few other people, making sure I was eating my Wheaties, so to speak. Quite pleasant, safe and close to everything in Silicon Valley.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I
Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#6 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II? Share your experiences!