Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$275
$209
Wild Palms
Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$339
Best Western Silicon Valley Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$159
The Grand Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$246
$239
$169
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
$221
Country Inn
Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$195
Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$209
$100
The Domain Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
$229
Travelocity
All reviewsthe penthouseduck pondnearby officesfull kitchensilicon valleyextended stayfree breakfastbreakfast each morninglevi stadiumolder propertyhome away from homeevening receptionlong stayhotel is greatfront desk personcomfortable stayhot water
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I made an attempt to Books some rooms here for an event. The staff were disorganized to say the least. They first promised me a certain rate for booking rooms. Then the Sales person came back to say they did not realize I had other rooms with other rates and they could not give me the rate. Then the Sales Manager went back to see if they could honor the rate since it was an error on their side.. Apparently the General Manager told Sales not to honor the error.. All this after planning my entire team to stay there.. 40 Nights meant nothing. I was so upset with them. I would advise to not plan any Sales Events around this hotel!! They will pull a fast one on you and screw up your plan like they did to me!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It was a great stay @ Residence Inn, front desk team is very friendly and prompt(Ian, Jesse, Ode, Jenifer, Guliyah, Sandra entire team was awesome. specially Ian, he is the charm who can handle any type of customer and guide them in the right direction and give them the best possible direction, he was very helpful in many situations). Mark is prompt and will drop at office in right time, he is the man for residence inn shuttle who has great knowledge of all the routes without any maps support.
I appreciate all your efforts in making guests stay comfortable. It is worth staying here for an extended stay.

The thing where it can improved is the internet wifi speed, it is very poor, connection drop is so frequent. please fix it ASAP.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Tianna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale 1. I will make sure to pass along your kind comments to our staff as they take great pride in the service they provide.

Thank you again for your review and your business and we hope to see you in a near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Please read my profile for my biases.

I've been spending a lot of time in the area, usually with a business partner. I like the Residence Inn chain because we can get a two room suite for less than the price of two separate rooms in most of the area's hotels, and thus we can work together in the kitchen or living room but retire to our own rooms when desired.

This was my first time at this location, and I have to admit that the location itself is great. We were within 2-5 miles of most of our meetings, and there are some decent restaurants within walking distance.

Do note that this hotel is really close to the highway. We were in building 10, which was away from the road, but my guess is that if you were near it you might be bothered by some traffic noise.

I do plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: Note that it is near the highway, so you might want to request a room in a building away from it if you are easily bothered by traffic noises.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tianna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay and experience at our Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale 1. Your feedback is very important to us as well as travelers that are looking to visit the Sunnyvale area.

I’m glad the property is able to meet your needs and that it works for your business needs.
Thank you again for your time and hope to see you in a near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom studio as we wanted to spend some time in silicon valley. When we travel as a family Residence Inns are our favourite hotels, because they allow us to watch tv, or make a coffee while everyone else sleeps soundly. Added to that the great breakfast that sets you up for the day and you have a winning combination. Our room was a little too close to 101 as I was woken up early in the morning by the trucks on the freeway.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sdwoo
Tianna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post this valuable review regarding your experience here at our Residence Inn by Marriott Sunnyvale Silicon Valley 1. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the facility to include the amenities we offer.

We thank you for your business and we hope to see you in a near future.

Best regards,

Hugo Hernandez

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Good:
This is a great hotel if you need lots of space, some separation from kids, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, living room with stylish décor and automatic lights in the bathroom! (an awesome feature)
Breakfast was decent with some hot options and changing daily. The evening reception was ok, some nights good others, not so much but it's free! =)

The Bad:
However, a word of caution if you have little kids, the stairs to the bedroom upstairs are steep, the carpet is patterned (tricking your eye) and a little slippery. My 11 year old slipped coming down them and hurt his leg pretty bad. I also have one that sleep walks and it made me a little nervous having the stairway entrance between the bed and the bathroom.

Another annoyance was the leaves all over the steps outside our door for the entire week.

Lack of any balcony or outdoor area to sit.

The Ugly:

Horrible internet, basically didn't work!

My husband was in town on business so me and the kids came along to lounge by the pool. We had looked at the pictures of the hotel when we booked and it showed a pool and lounge chairs and even said there was a hot tub. (this was on Hotwire) When we arrived we found a very small pool area right on the road with no lounge chairs! There were tables and regular chairs. The pool was dirty, small and very cold. This was very frustrating! The front desk even admitted the ad was wrong stating they have a hot tub and they don't. To their credit they offered to let me go down the road to their other hotel that "might" have lounge chairs. Not quite what I had in mind for my week of sunbathing and swimming.

A great hotel for the business traveler, not so great if they family comes with them for pool time.

Room Tip: ask if some rooms have better internet access.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tianna S, Manager at Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is through comments such as yours that we are able work at improving our hotel and guests overall experience. For future reference, we do offer child safety gates for our Penthouse Suites available upon request. Furthermore, we have placed an order for new pool lounge chairs and hope that next time you stay with us you’ll be able to relax comfortably in the summer sun!

Regards,